Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

'21-'22 Schedule

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 9:47 AM, DocCas86 said:

What are folks' perspective of adding a game with Colgate?  They already have a number of OOC games scheduled so not looking likely..but I think it could be a fun game.

Since the 144 countdown has us at #87 Colgate would be a great matchup, kind of like when we played Harvard.

Looking over D2, we host Mercyhurst in an exhibition on Dec 10.

A game I would like to see, and some may not be for it. Going up against Rick Pitino’s Iona team. They are probably going to be the best team in the MAAC. They are returning a lot of great players and added a lot of great players. And I think it would be a fantastic game. 

Hate him or not, Pitino is one of the greats and one of the best coaches who’s able to get the most out of his players.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

A game I would like to see, and some may not be for it. Going up against Rick Pitino’s Iona team. They are probably going to be the best team in the MAAC. They are returning a lot of great players and added a lot of great players. And I think it would be a fantastic game. 

Hate him or not, Pitino is one of the greats and one of the best coaches who’s able to get the most out of his players.

Iona is a tough get for UB, if they want a home and home.  They already come to Buffalo every year for Canisius and Niagara.  They would not want to make a second trip for a non-conference game, unless they get a lot of money.  We have no reason to pay them a lot of money.  They fill up their non-conference schedule for van rides without needing hotel stays and/or flights.

If UB wants to play one game in New Rochelle, I am fine with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Iona is a tough get for UB, if they want a home and home.  They already come to Buffalo every year for Canisius and Niagara.  They would not want to make a second trip for a non-conference game, unless they get a lot of money.  We have no reason to pay them a lot of money.  They fill up their non-conference schedule for van rides without needing hotel stays and/or flights.

Fun sucker, sucker of fun.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

UB should be more than willing to come down to the NYC area to play. I live down here, while at Iona Pitino wants to play games at the Garden, Barclays and the new arena in LI. He wants a strong metro area footprint. And as said he can coach and will prolly have Iona dancing every year. UB should jump at the shot to come down state and establish some roots here ourselves. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

UB should be more than willing to come down to the NYC area to play. I live down here, while at Iona Pitino wants to play games at the Garden, Barclays and the new arena in LI. He wants a strong metro area footprint. And as said he can coach and will prolly have Iona dancing every year. UB should jump at the shot to come down state and establish some roots here ourselves. Just my opinion.

It would be nice seeing the Bulls in NYC area (a lot easier for me to attend a game) and would certainly be a good contest.  Currently Iona has 9 scheduled OOC games including 3 games for ESPN Events. Invitational - so not looking likely.

13 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

It would be nice seeing the Bulls in NYC area (a lot easier for me to attend a game) and would certainly be a good contest.  Currently Iona has 9 scheduled OOC games including 3 games for ESPN Events. Invitational - so not looking likely.

Let's not forget all the alumni in the area too!

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I love to see them down state for a three game road trip.  St Johns, Iona and Hofstra 

2 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

At the event tonight downtown Jim mentioned playing Canisius and St Bonaventure, not specifically where each would be played, though. 

I believe we are playing Bonnies December 4th on their court, and I’m surprised we are taking up Canisius so soon after all that happened with Malik.

https://heatcheckcbb.com/college-basketball-net-quad-projections-schedule-breakdowns-for-2021-22-season/

This may be an interesting site.  Right now they just provide current number of scheduled games by home, away, neutral, but will give projected net rank for schedule.  Looks like they are combining schedule info from

https://d1docket.blogspot.com/p/2021-22-docket-sheet.html?m=1

and barttorvik.com among possibly others.  Currently they have 7 games which I think includes two conference games with Western Michigan where dates are known.  Other games are three from Cancun Challenge, Michigan and St. Bonaventure.

4 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

The Canisius board says UB @ Canisius tentatively for Dec 18th. That could fit as the Griff's required KeyBank Center game as there are no events at the arena that day.

Another good projection for us

https://staringatthefloorboards.wordpress.com/2021/08/12/mac-2021-22-season-preview/

If they are looking for attendance, it could be an issue.  This is the same day as the MAC Championship game in Detroit.

50 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

That makes more sense.  Our last regular season game is at Ball State on Tuesday, 11/23.  That gives us 11 days to prepare for whatever poor sap team we're going to crush on 12/4

Got the date of the MAC website.  They still have last year's info up. It is up against the Boca Bowl and the Lending Tree Bowl, which both have MC tie ins.