Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

In Columbus

Chet

15 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/ub-team-wins-again-moves-on-in-the-basketball-tournament/article_51facf12-8048-5cf4-90b2-5438edbdcf2e.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Good write up. Love the quotes. Especially Perkins. If our current Bulls have this mentality, there’s no stopping us this season.

Perk says out loud what active players and coaches won't/can't say, but something we all know to be true - “If you look at the MAC, we are the only New York team,” he said. “We’re always going into Ohio, playing against Ohio refs, and Ohio people. They always want the Ohio team to win the MAC, if we are being real. We’re used to that.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I sold him on our ability to sell out Alumni Arena (I read an article where they wanted Key Bank Center, which feels like it's shooting too high to be honest).  I think if the marketing is there it could definitely be attainable based on interest in the team when they were top 25, but I don't know what they do in the way of local marketing.

I didn't watch the games that weren't in our sessions, but it seemed Ohio State nearly packed the arena and Dayton had a good showing. Xavier was loud, but they frankly didn't bring a huge crowd, packed the bleachers on one side for game #1, but not many people for the Sunday night game.  The Ohio Bobcat fans could be counted on one hand.

Either way with us, Bona, and Syracuse anchoring a region I think we would be pretty capable of outdoing the attendance I saw in Columbus.

Edited by trueblue32

11 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Obviously the injury to Wes dampens the mood. But another stellar performance by this group. Contributions up and down the roster. This has been so much fun to watch.

Anyone can beat you on this team and they all have different weapons at their disposal. Dangerous…