Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Conference Realignment

Great to dream.....but 

It would great to have a bright new stadium.  Such a new stadium will be helpful given better amenities and viewing. But, how will UB pay for this hefty investment. I doubt we would get assistance from the State. You cannot fund raise for expected cost. 

I would love to see a state of art 45,000 seat stadium. It would promote our current attendance. No excuse to have such a poor showing with a top 20 team, good weather, a new and highly attractive coach, a UB  team with a recent winning record, some outstanding players, large local alumni, only college team in town, inexpensive tickets, free and easy parking, etc. and etc. 

For our friends in Buffalo, bring your family and friends to a game. Until we can get to 20000 to 25000 a game, it is unlikely we will get a new stadium or get into a better conference. It is unfortunate that our stellar academic standing does not have much weight for conference consideration.

lets have a great 2nd half against Coastal - update good game Bulls-  please learn to throw to get some big plays 

Go. Bulls 

Edited by markchicago

New weight room being added on west side of the Fieldhouse. University is building a wellness center near the Union/bookstore area and Alumni Arena will then become all athletics with some desperately needed upgrades in there. Gonna be a few years for that. Hoping a new football video board is on its way sooner than later. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Yup. A10 makes no sense. AAC (not happening) or C-USA (could happen but do we want that?) B1G Ten is the dream.

AAC probably won't happen this go around but hopefully next time we get a call. Would be a good step towards the B1G. 

If we keep up our recent successes in football and basketball, and upgrade the football stadium it's definitely possible. 

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Yup. A10 makes no sense. AAC (not happening) or C-USA (could happen but do we want that?) B1G Ten is the dream.

The B1G is always the dream.  I hope it happens in my lifetime...but it is going to take a commitment from NYS and donors to make that happen. 

36 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

Potentially good news for UB to the AAC hopes?

Yep. The fact that report came out by the athletic citing UB as a location issue but they’ll pursue Colorado state or San Diego state or Air Force is such a crock of sh**. They need to put their name in the hat and get the heck out of the MAC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't regions the basis of conferences? 

So conference usa is presenting the idea of regional conferences. But thats what conferences are?

I don't really follow the point of this presentation unless its basically conference usa saying that the sun belt and aac are equal to cusa and its pointless to move

In the old days, the conference were regional. But $$$ has changed that. This is what CBS is proposing for the conference in flux (not the MAC or MWC, which are largely already regional ).

East (10): Appalachian State, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, FAU, FIU, Marshall, Navy, Old Dominion, South Florida

South (10): Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Memphis, Middle Tennessee, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Temple, Troy, UAB, Western Kentucky

Southwest (12): Arkansas State, Louisiana, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Rice, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, Tulsa, UTEP, UTSA

22 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Isn't regions the basis of conferences? 

So conference usa is presenting the idea of regional conferences. But thats what conferences are?

I don't really follow the point of this presentation unless its basically conference usa saying that the sun belt and aac are equal to cusa and its pointless to move

I think the point is that C-USA is on the verge of collapse, and they're clinging to anything they can.  Their media deal is not good, and their best teams are solid prospects to jump ship to either the AAC or Sun Belt.  They're trying to save themselves before they get cannibalized by other competing conferences.

On 10/10/2021 at 8:25 PM, UB77 said:

In the old days, the conference were regional. But $$$ has changed that. This is what CBS is proposing for the conference in flux (not the MAC or MWC, which are largely already regional ).

East (10): Appalachian State, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, FAU, FIU, Marshall, Navy, Old Dominion, South Florida

South (10): Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Memphis, Middle Tennessee, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Temple, Troy, UAB, Western Kentucky

Southwest (12): Arkansas State, Louisiana, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Rice, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, Tulsa, UTEP, UTSA

I know it won't work like that but how great would the 32 team conference tourney for the auto bid be