Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Cameron Ball

Dabulls

• 1 month later...

Took my son this past Friday to the St Joe's Prep vs Gonzaga match up with interest - never need a good reason to go to Franklin Field - Also wanted to see this years Prep team on a supposed down year, in addition Gonzaga featured UB recruit Cameron Ball!!

Got there midway through the 1st quarter with the Prep kicking their second extra point of the game to put them up 14-0

Cameron is out on kick return coverage on the wing of the up man position - FWIW the Prep kicker Chadha was 6 for 6 on touchbacks -no opportunities to return and he's committed to Temple next year.

Offense for Gonzaga was a spread formation with really elusive scrambling QB- not bad, no Cam Ball - he only played 5-10 offensive plays - one at the end of the 1st half, and another couple at the end of the game - 

Prep won 35-3, totally outmatched and outplayed Gonzaga (who has their TE going to Ga Tech and their DL with offers from Ohio St) - my son asked if Cam Ball was being disciplined and I wondered if UB should not have even offered this kid - granted he looked good off the line of scrimmage running routes and was targeted once to have the ball batted away in the end zone by a back up DB - We were his only offer - could this have been a mistake?

11 minutes ago, myBuffalo said:

Took my son this past Friday to the St Joe's Prep vs Gonzaga match up with interest - never need a good reason to go to Franklin Field - Also wanted to see this years Prep team on a supposed down year, in addition Gonzaga featured UB recruit Cameron Ball!!

Got there midway through the 1st quarter with the Prep kicking their second extra point of the game to put them up 14-0

Cameron is out on kick return coverage on the wing of the up man position - FWIW the Prep kicker Chadha was 6 for 6 on touchbacks -no opportunities to return and he's committed to Temple next year.

Offense for Gonzaga was a spread formation with really elusive scrambling QB- not bad, no Cam Ball - he only played 5-10 offensive plays - one at the end of the 1st half, and another couple at the end of the game - 

Prep won 35-3, totally outmatched and outplayed Gonzaga (who has their TE going to Ga Tech and their DL with offers from Ohio St) - my son asked if Cam Ball was being disciplined and I wondered if UB should not have even offered this kid - granted he looked good off the line of scrimmage running routes and was targeted once to have the ball batted away in the end zone by a back up DB - We were his only offer - could this have been a mistake?

HS football is so hard to say, especially WR and TE. HS QBs are all over the place and if they are dual threat it's even worse. If the team was overmatched, the overall passing was probably bleak. He's 6'6" and they may see his athleticism and size as worth investing in with the right coaching and nutrition. Any idea what his stat lines were in the 3 wins they have had so far?

17 hours ago, UBinMD said:

HS football is so hard to say, especially WR and TE. HS QBs are all over the place and if they are dual threat it's even worse. If the team was overmatched, the overall passing was probably bleak. He's 6'6" and they may see his athleticism and size as worth investing in with the right coaching and nutrition. Any idea what his stat lines were in the 3 wins they have had so far?

I see your point and I remain hopeful - as far as I could see, based on the Gonzaga social pages, he was not featured in any of their post game announcements - they usually featured like 4-5 players per game and I didn't see him anywhere