Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

SU Womens Basketball Coach Resigns

ATL_92

15 minutes ago, ATL_92 said:

Will we get screwed by poor planning of other organizations twice in one year? If so, I will be pissed beyond comprehension. 

51 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Will we get screwed by poor planning of other organizations twice in one year? If so, I will be pissed beyond comprehension. 

Pretty wild. Football could still end up being a blessing, but I think it would be next to impossible to replace coach Jack 

41 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Pretty wild. Football could still end up being a blessing, but I think it would be next to impossible to replace coach Jack 

Especially in August. Plus the pipeline she built would dry up. Would be a massive loss.

I tend to agree with you on football. I really have higher expectations that o did before LLs departure. The OL could prove me wrong

I understand this is the nature of the beast but to leave her players and the university this late shows no loyalty. I get it’s the nature of the beast. And it’s her alma mater and bla bla bla but the timing sucks. I’m just venting frustration at UB once again being a launching pad rather than a destination. 

In the next round of conference realignment, we need to move up. We need upgraded facilities. I’m tired of it. Our athletics has come too far to revert back to what it was.  

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 3

On 8/2/2021 at 11:08 PM, DooleyBull06 said:

I understand this is the nature of the beast but to leave her players and the university this late shows no loyalty. I get it’s the nature of the beast. And it’s her alma mater and bla bla bla but the timing sucks. I’m just venting frustration at UB once again being a launching pad rather than a destination. 

In the next round of conference realignment, we need to move up. We need upgraded facilities. I’m tired of it. Our athletics has come too far to revert back to what it was.  

Move up to what? Unless you’re one of 4-5 programs in the country, your coach gets taken. UCF coach left to Tennessee, Texas Tech basketball coach left for Texas. It’s college athletics unfortunately. Moving up to the AAC wouldn’t change a thing. 

4 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Move up to what? Unless you’re one of 4-5 programs in the country, your coach gets taken. UCF coach left to Tennessee, Texas Tech basketball coach left for Texas. It’s college athletics unfortunately. Moving up to the AAC wouldn’t change a thing. 

As I said I get the nature of the beast. But I’m tired of it. Our athletics program as a whole from football to basketball to swimming to wrestling have grown and become good. Time to reinvest into them. Time for massive upgrades. Upgrades that will grow the university and make us appeal to a bigger conference. It will take time but should be started. Bc in this college landscape if you aren’t  proactive, you get left behind. I rather see us proactive. Rant over.

Edited by DooleyBull06
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

As I said I get the nature of the beast. But I’m tired of it. Our athletics program as a whole from football to basketball to swimming to wrestling have grown and become good. Time to reinvest into them. Time for massive upgrades. Upgrades that will grow the university and make us appeal to a bigger conference. It will take time but should be started. Bc in this college landscape if you are proactive, you get left behind. I rather see us proactive. Rant over.

You’re not wrong by any means. But at the end of the day, it’s all about the money and the window of opportunity that doesn’t always come around often for coaches.

34 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

You’re not wrong by any means. But at the end of the day, it’s all about the money and the window of opportunity that doesn’t always come around often for coaches.

I agree. And I do take pride in us being a place where a coach can come win and move on. But our window as a university doesn’t come often also. Administration has to realize that. Heck even if we just upgrade facilities and become the most dominant program in the MAC. That’s cool. But now isn’t the time to rest on what we’ve accomplished over the last 5-10 years.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I agree. And I do take pride in us being a place where a coach can come win and move on. But our window as a university doesn’t come often also. Administration has to realize that. Heck even if we just upgrade facilities and become the most dominant program in the MAC. That’s cool. But now isn’t the time to rest on what we’ve accomplished over the last 5-10 years.

All it takes is money 😉

34 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

All it takes is money 😉

I’ve contributed pennies to the basketball funds. Wish I was in a position to give more. Hopefully we get and continue to get players drafted into leagues and they get to a financial position where they can give to athletics. Example: has Mack (Hope he has) donated to the football team? Not trying to get into his pocket but that’s an example of what I mean. 

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’ve contributed pennies to the basketball funds. Wish I was in a position to give more. Hopefully we get and continue to get players drafted into leagues and they get to a financial position where they can give to athletics. Example: has Mack (Hope he has) donated to the football team? Not trying to get into his pocket but that’s an example of what I mean. 

I know Mack wasn't a fan of coach LL