Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bulls $10 ticket flash sale Thursday 8/5

All single game tickets are just $10!!!  Price good only Thursday 8/5 from 10am to 10pm. You must have an account/login on Ticketmaster. I'm going to be in town for the Bills Oct 3 and Oct 30, so I plan on going to the Western Michigan and BGSU games.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/university-at-buffalo-bulls-football-tickets/artist/1258777

Bought a pair for Wagner and Coastal during the Flash Sale. Impossible to beat $26 for a pair and I'll move down to better seats as is tradition.

Very excited to be back in the Stadium. I hadn't heard about the outdoor mask fine print. That's madness - hoping it's outdated info as it's been known (for over a year) that outdoor transmission is as close to impossible as it gets. 🤷🏼‍♂️

37 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Very excited to be back in the Stadium. I hadn't heard about the outdoor mask fine print. That's madness - hoping it's outdated info as it's been known (for over a year) that outdoor transmission is as close to impossible as it gets. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nope, this was put out earlier in the week, specifically including "ub football games". 

I have no problem with the mask mandate at games, as a fully vaccinated person and would have worn it any way.  I still wear a mask in public.

If you ask why, think about cars and seat belts and air bags.  You use a seat belt even though you have airbags and you do not turn off air bags because you have a seat belt on.

Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

I have no problem with the mask mandate at games, as a fully vaccinated person and would have worn it any way.  I still wear a mask in public.

If you ask why, think about cars and seat belts and air bags.  You use a seat belt even though you have airbags and you do not turn off air bags because you have a seat belt on.

Better safe than sorry.

I have no problem with you wearing the mask, that's your choice. I, for one, will not be wearing one sitting outside at a game (in a stadium that is generally very far from shoulder to shoulder), especially as a healthy, vaccinated person. Therefore, unfortunately I won't be attending UB football games for the first time in 25 years. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Better safe than sorry.

Wearing a mask while vaccinated outside is akin to wearing full football equipment while driving a car wearing a seatbelt.

Better safe than sorry has its limits.

• Like 3

I see and understand both sides. I’d feel perfectly comfortable not wearing a mask at the stadium, but I’m also not going to boycott games because of it. I’ve worn a mask every day at work for 10 hours a day for the past year and a half, and even I have it pretty good compared to healthcare workers. People act like it’s unbearable to put one on for a little while should go talk to nurses or doctors who have to wear N95s all day. If I have to wear a mask for 3 hours to see UB play live I can deal with that. While I respect other people’s opinions, and agree that masks don’t seem necessary at games, people should also have a little perspective and not act like it’s some horrible, impossible ask. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bought two tickets to two games. Looking forward to the games. Fully vaccinated and have to wear a mask outside. This is a no go for me. Tickets will be not used and will be the last purchased. Following policy that makes no sense. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

While I agree that mandating masks for outdoor events is gross overkill, I certainly wouldn't miss a game because they tell me that I have to wear one.  That makes absolutely no sense, if you really like going to the games.  

This is where I am.

It's an empty gesture that flies in the face of all available data on transmission. It burns valuable public patience and compliance that is actually needed elsewhere.

But I'll be at the games, mask casually in the vicinity of my face, enjoying it all.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Okay then. I guess we'll sit on our hands until the death rates increase.

Ok, let's wear cloth masks (that have no scientific proof of effectiveness), outside (where the virus minimally spreads), while vaccinated and generally healthy (.0007% covid deaths of vaccinated people). Enjoy living in your world. 

Again, if you'd like to, or feel more comfortable wearing a mask, have at it. I'm not going to however, when there is essentially unlimited scientfic data proving it is completely unnecessary outside while healthy and vaccinated. Disappointing to be unable to attend, but it is what it is, so long as unnecessary mandates are in place by UB. The players who are in each other's faces breathing on each other won't be wearing a mask, but those sitting in the stands must, because you know, "science". 

Edited by skrabukes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Ok, let's wear cloth masks (that have no scientific proof of effectiveness), outside (where the virus minimally spreads), while vaccinated and generally healthy (.0007% covid deaths of vaccinated people). Enjoy living in your world. 

Again, if you'd like to, or feel more comfortable wearing a mask, have at it. I'm not going to however, when there is essentially unlimited scientfic data proving it is completely unnecessary outside while healthy and vaccinated. Disappointing to be unable to attend, but it is what it is, so long as unnecessary mandates are in place by UB. The players who are in each other's faces breathing on each other won't be wearing a mask, but those sitting in the stands must, because you know, "science". 

Lets be very clear here so the facts aren’t misconstrued. You are able to attend, but are choosing not to. If you’re disappointed, it might be better placed towards your own stubbornness. I do not disagree that it’s an “unnecessary mandate.” But it’s really not that difficult, and once the weather gets cold a mask/scarf over your face will actually help keep you warm. 

56 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Lets be very clear here so the facts aren’t misconstrued. You are able to attend, but are choosing not to. If you’re disappointed, it might be better placed towards your own stubbornness. I do not disagree that it’s an “unnecessary mandate.” But it’s really not that difficult, and once the weather gets cold a mask/scarf over your face will actually help keep you warm. 

Correct, I am choosing not to attend due to the ridiculous and unnecessary mandate, as given by the facts in my earlier post. Sadly, I know that I am definitely not alone with this choice, and the attendance will be lessened overall because of it. If desired, I can watch the games on television very comfortably.

I don't wish to be berated by game "security" whose job will be the mask police. If it's anything like Cleveland for basketball, they made the game entirely joyless, as you couldn't even finish sipping a drink or chewing your food without someone holding a sign in your direction or yelling to put the mask back on. Even though there was a 10-15 foot radius before coming across another person from outside of my family (much like a weekday evening MAC-tion).

31 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Correct, I am choosing not to attend due to the ridiculous and unnecessary mandate, as given by the facts in my earlier post. Sadly, I know that I am definitely not alone with this choice, and the attendance will be lessened overall because of it. If desired, I can watch the games on television very comfortably.

I don't wish to be berated by game "security" whose job will be the mask police. If it's anything like Cleveland for basketball, they made the game entirely joyless, as you couldn't even finish sipping a drink or chewing your food without someone holding a sign in your direction or yelling to put the mask back on. Even though there was a 10-15 foot radius before coming across another person from outside of my family (much like a weekday evening MAC-tion).

I agree, attendance will absolutely be lowered because of it. I also hope it’s not as stringent as it sounds like it was in Cleveland. I follow the rules and will keep my mask on, but if I get scolded or spoken to when I take it off to drink a beer I’m not going to be happy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Okay then. I guess we'll sit on our hands until the death rates increase.

The death rates will increase amongst the stubborn who choose the risk of Covid-19 over getting vaccinated.  It's not a fully vaccinated person's job to protect the unvaccinated.