Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#17 Coastal @ UB - National ESPN2 game 12n Sep 18

promotherobot

I’m honestly more confident about this game than Nebraska, the teams at home at will be hungry to get some points on the board. The team knows what they need to fix and will be studying coastals tendencies hard. Maybe take a look at BYU’s win over coastal last year, what did they do in order to get the win 

welp I looked at the wrong game, still confident though 

Edited by Dabulls

12 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

I’m honestly more confident about this game than Nebraska, the teams at home at will be hungry to get some points on the board. The team knows what they need to fix and will be studying coastals tendencies hard. Maybe take a look at BYU’s win over coastal last year, what did they do in order to get the win

The BYU game last year is almost worthless to look at.  That game was "scheduled" while the BYU equipment truck was on its way some place else.  I think it was scheduled late on Wednesday night and played Saturday.  Neither team had time to really prepare for the other.

I am concerned a little bit about our ability to score.   In a few previous years, our long drives seemingly were Patterson runs that went the distance from anywhere on the field.  While I think we will get more than 3 points, I don't think we can keep up if the game goes back and forth.  

The Nebraska line was about 14 and we were on the road.

This line is also about 14 and we are at home.

We have to be selectively aggressive on offense (much more so than in Lincoln) and keep control of the clock with the run.

Go Bulls!

The question is, can UB score to keep up in this game?  Coastal's defense didn't look all that good against Kansas.  But KU does have a fast QB, who was running around all over the place on them. I have not been impressed with the Bulls offensive line so far.  The run blocking hasn't been there.  Hopefully that changes.

I think CC scores in the 30's.. if UB holds them to anything less I'll be impressed and they will have a chance for the upset.

I just listened to Coach Mo's press conference. I want to go out there and play now. I feel confident we will win this weekend and play hard. He may be a spin doctor, but I believe in what he says and they are going to learn from this. Didn't shy away from any issues we all saw.

9 hours ago, UB92 said:

The play in the NU game where the pass rusher misses the tackle and the QB runs almost the whole way but is tackled inside the 5...if you watch the play again, the pass rusher is the same guy who makes the tackle.  It really is a great example of hustle.

Coach Mo made mention of that in his presser this week.

• Like 2