Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

ODU Week

promotherobot

Old Dominion is 1-2. One big win vs FCS Hampton and two blowout losses to Liberty and Wake Forest. They were ranked in the Bottom-10 of FBS teams at the start of the season. This needs to be win #2 for the Bulls even playing in Norfolk. Game will be streamed on ESPN+,

https://ubbulls.com/news/2021/9/21/football-coach-linguist-weekly-press-conference.aspx

Good insights 121Merrimac, it does seem like the staff has shuffled around the DB depth week-to-week, unlike other positions. They must be really trying out combinations now, before we defend against Eleby and Crum in the coming weeks.

One site shows Ruiz is out, Marks is probable, nothing on Schaerer or other injuries. 

Edited by RecoveringHillbilly

20 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Clicking around about the ODU game, I stumbled on to press conference with the ODU coach, Ricky Rahne.  Seems like an impressive guy and a good leader.. I think he will have that program playing pretty good football in the not so distant future, just hopefully not this week.  There's plenty of talent in the DMV area for UB to continue pulling kids.  After the Patterson's and several other Maryland/DC players that have come through Amherst, UB has good name recognition in that part of the country.

Interesting to see @UB_Stampede recruiting on Twitter show that today we offered at least two guys who hold Old Dominion offers. Consistent with the article posted above. Staff looking to draw a direct comparison it appears and show that we're on a different level. I like it. Now it's time to show it between the lines. 

• Like 1

The punt block nonsense is a group effort. it’s on coaching.  it’s also on the guys back there showing no awareness of what’s coming up the middle. and Finegan stands there taking enough time to have coffee and a donut before he punts it.  Maybe slide to the right and kick it rugby style. 

5 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

The punt block nonsense is a group effort. it’s on coaching.  it’s also on the guys back there showing no awareness of what’s coming up the middle. and Finegan stands there taking enough time to have coffee and a donut before he punts it.  Maybe slide to the right and kick it rugby style. 

Agree with it all, but he literally slid to the right and kicked it rugby style directly into the block on the 2nd one. Too slow and zero awareness from Finnegan. And I say that as a former rugby kicker. 

• Like 1

Just now, MuchMany said:

Agree with it all, but he literally slid to the right and kicked it rugby style directly into the block on the 2nd one. Too slow and zero awareness from Finnegan. And I say that as a former rugby kicker. 

Put baltar in! Love finnegan but this is just not his game right now