Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent State Game Week

I think the fact remains we have a rookie head coach who started super late and a roster that was pillaged late in the game. To be blunt, LL never recruited very well at all, but he was excellent at player development in his system. But we’re obviously not running his system. We’ve been competitive in every game this year, although maddeningly inconsistent. Which comes with the territory considering all the surrounding factors. We all just need to embrace this transition year for what it is and stick with these boys. We’re still light years ahead of where we were as a program not too long ago. It’s just going to take some time. Go Bulls!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Sure do, and I would consider Lance's time with us here to be pretty successful.  

I think most of us, myself included, thought Mo would pick right up where we left off last year and told ourselves that the gut job that happened wasn’t so bad and we had depth to cover it. I certainly know those thoughts were in my head. We’ve seen flashes but not 60 minutes of consistency yet. I still think it will come and hopefully soon. I also don’t seen Kent going undefeated in the MAC, so we need to take care of business this week and start a streak in the other direction. Go Bulls!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I think most of us, myself included, thought Mo would pick right up where we left off last year and told ourselves that the gut job that happened wasn’t so bad and we had depth to cover it. I certainly know those thoughts were in my head. We’ve seen flashes but not 60 minutes of consistency yet. I still think it will come and hopefully soon. I also don’t seen Kent going undefeated in the MAC, so we need to take care of business this week and start a streak in the other direction. Go Bulls!!

Yeah, I think the overwhelming negativity is purely attributed to the expectation. Clearly that was unwarranted, and now that we can reassess where we truly are… we should move on knowing that we still have wins left in us but mo will need actual time to do his job. However I still do have a concern on play calling- particularly the 50 yd fg attempts. We aren’t in the nfl so he better re wire his brain on that. Also, hate the team discipline / penalties. He gotta get that in order sooner rather then later.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UBminicre said:

Yeah, I think the overwhelming negativity is purely attributed to the expectation. Clearly that was unwarranted, and now that we can reassess where we truly are… we should move on knowing that we still have wins left in us but mo will need actual time to do his job. However I still do have a concern on play calling- particularly the 50 yd fg attempts. We aren’t in the nfl so he better re wire his brain on that. Also, hate the team discipline / penalties. He gotta get that in order sooner rather then later.

Totally a fair take. The rest of the season will determine where we are and hopefully we can finish strong into some good offseason momentum. 

• Like 2