Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Akron Week

Another must-win for Buffalo this week to keep their MAC East hopes alive.

Bulls taking on an Akron team that struggles on both sides of the ball but especially on defense.

Zips are 125th out of 130 teams in scoring defense, allowing 38 points per game.

Their stats are a little distorted since they played Auburn and Ohio State but make no mistake, Akron is a bad team.

They’ve been okay in MAC play, defeating Bowling Green but they also lost by 17 to Ohio.

I have Buffalo winning 31-21.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Is the MAC East even a realistic possibility? I haven't checked the standings. I'll settle for 6 wins and bowl eligibility.

If we beat Akron, Ohio upsets Kent, Ball St beats Miami, we'll have 4 East teams at 2-2. Unfortunately I think we have the toughest road to the East, as we drew NIU, Ball St and WMU, who might finish as the top 3 West teams.

13 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Is the MAC East even a realistic possibility? I haven't checked the standings. I'll settle for 6 wins and bowl eligibility.

Right now, it still is because Miami and Kent State are both 2-1. If the RedHawks defeat the Flashes later in the season and Kent loses an additional game, Miami could take the lead in the division. In that scenario, Bulls could win the East by running the table. It’s not likely but we can readdress in a few weeks if UB defeats Akron and Bowling agree.

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

We can't even get in the endzone from the 7?? That play calling was trash and KVT is way off today so far, hopefully he can tune it up. With those calls, just bring in Myers and let him give it a go.

At least our defense decided to show up to start the game today.

Better showing… still very questionable offensive play calling, particularly early. Lost michel which is not good.

Hopefully we can keep the distance and cruise to an easy win for a change. Much needed for team imo. May help with confidence going into stretch. We clearly have talent to win games - just need it to stick together for full game. 

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

Is the same winless Bowling Green that beat the Big Tens' Minnesota?

My bad. Winless in the MAC. They played a tough schedule though they did lose to Akron somehow. I also said "assume we win" because nothing is assured with this Bulls team.

Edited by promotherobot