Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Miami Week

11 minutes ago, clodney said:

If there's one thing I'm not worried about with Mo it's recruiting. I'm confident he'll get the players here, I'm just not sold yet on his ability to gameplan.

I don’t think we can realistically judge based on this season. Right now we look like a team without an identity, which to me is 100% from having no off-season to implement systems 

5 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I wouldn’t even judge him next year because people he will recruit most likely won’t develop until a red shirt year and then a year of some play time. Patience is of the essence.

I disagree, he needs to get us back to a bowl game next year. The MAC is a weak conference and even when down, we cannot play the way we have been. I realize he was given a raw deal to start his career, but the cupboard was not bare. We should have the talent and depth to win the MAC East at the very least. The regression over the year has been disheartening. We played solid against Nebraska, offense struggled. We held our own against Coastal. Then we disintegrate in the 2nd half at ODU and get rolled by Kent, Bowling Green and Miami. Our team lacks discipline and no improvement or ability to adapt to their weaknesses. We need to get back into this next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I disagree, he needs to get us back to a bowl game next year. The MAC is a weak conference and even when down, we cannot play the way we have been. I realize he was given a raw deal to start his career, but the cupboard was not bare. We should have the talent and depth to win the MAC East at the very least. The regression over the year has been disheartening. We played solid against Nebraska, offense struggled. We held our own against Coastal. Then we disintegrate in the 2nd half at ODU and get rolled by Kent, Bowling Green and Miami. Our team lacks discipline and no improvement or ability to adapt to their weaknesses. We need to get back into this next year.

I personally can't see it. Unless we bring in some quality transfers I expect a rebuilding year, 2-2 non-conference with UMASS and Holy Cross, then likely a similar conference year to this one. We'll likely be even younger than this season on defense (this season saw very little depth), OL (no depth at all this season), and WR (only 2 TDs from underclass WR's). Not as putrid as 2010 or 2016 but I am expecting a year of watching the 2021 class develop as they play, and hope we can pull what NIU did from last season to this one. 

On 11/10/2021 at 11:36 AM, mikescherrer8 said:

I wouldn’t even judge him next year because people he will recruit most likely won’t develop until a red shirt year and then a year of some play time. Patience is of the essence.

21 hours ago, UBinMD said:

17 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

I personally can't see it. Unless we bring in some quality transfers I expect a rebuilding year, 2-2 non-conference with UMASS and Holy Cross, then likely a similar conference year to this one. We'll likely be even younger than this season on defense (this season saw very little depth), OL (no depth at all this season), and WR (only 2 TDs from underclass WR's). Not as putrid as 2010 or 2016 but I am expecting a year of watching the 2021 class develop as they play, and hope we can pull what NIU did from last season to this one. 

Realistically it might take 2-3 seasons to get back on top. I hate the thought but the Lance debacle really upset the momentum of our team. Linguist will need a couple of classes to get his guys in and establish his program. Look how much time we gave to Quinn and Leipold. But I do hope Coach Mo looks at his coaches as well. We can't be giving up 56 points every week.

14 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Realistically it might take 2-3 seasons to get back on top. I hate the thought but the Lance debacle really upset the momentum of our team. Linguist will need a couple of classes to get his guys in and establish his program. Look how much time we gave to Quinn and Leipold. But I do hope Coach Mo looks at his coaches as well. We can't be giving up 56 points every week.

I think the staff also needs to come to grips that they may not have the talent yet to fulfill their true game plan and adapt to our current personnel and keep improving.

I'm watching the Tulane game on ESPNU and it must be the same cameraman that did UB and Miami. Wandering shots, zoom outs in a panicking attempt to maybe have the ball somewhere in the screen and curious close ups on nothing in particular. I've seen better work on local access cable games.