Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Keishawn Brewton (JUCO)

Kevin

50 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

With Malik looking like he will no longer be a part of the team this year, could we see Keishawn being granted a waiver to play? Many transfers around the NCAA seem to be granted the opportunity. It would be nice to have another playable guard on the court, Graves, Segu and Gallion are the only guards we have with NCAA experience. Robinson was a highly rated guard in HS but who knows how he will be able to handle the D1 level

I would be surprised plus I think its better that he plays next year for us as well as for him 

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Day 1 starter. That's what they told him to come here. 

Segu-Brewton-Graves-Williams-Mballa

Focusing just on the team, on paper - with Brewton added my take is the team is slightly more talented this year, although the bench is a question mark at this point.  Here is a summary:

image.png.ffa004e2e48fc3d8c068607a2c28f829.png

Starting five is arguably better in my opinion - I know only 3 games in, but Williams and Segu have stepped up.  I will give you that I have not seen Brewton - but my hope is that he is an improvement over Johnson - time will tell; I was torn between rating Segu vs Jordan -again optimistic a slight edge to Segu (probably get some opposing views on that one).  The bench at this points looks to be weaker - but my hope is that Hardnett / Nickelberry and Bertram can play some solid minutes so we do not have to rely so heavily on starting five.  I would love to see Chanse and Skogman contribute - but too soon to see either of them contributing significantly at this point.  Curious other opinions.