Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

FLJ Status/Updates

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I appreciate your black and white view, I really do. But come on we live in the real world that is gray. It could be something as simple as a joke the night she was inducted into their HOF. A whisper, “You would look great on the sidelines there.” A wink wink nod nod type of banter. A back room convo between agents. Perfect example is Holloway, dude was known to become the next Seton Hall coach two seconds after the Hall lost.  During their entire run the world knew he was gone. These convos happen. College athletics is a dirty corrupt business. Some would even say, if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying and if you ain’t trying, you ain’t winning. 

Hanging her Jersey in the rafters was the first step. The timing was not coincidental. I think she actually gave us 1 more year because she thought this team was special. That’s why SU went with the assistant as a stop gap.

41 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Which to my previous point is the perfect place to plant seeds. Inquire about future potential coaches. In a hypothetical off the record manner. Meet agents and assistant coaches. And gauge whether that assistant might one day want to be a head man or woman. Hmm…let’s call it “legal tampering”.

This like like open secret is an oxymoron.

16 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

It's been a week and a half. I've seen zero rumors, grumblings, anywhere. Anyone seen/heard anything as to who UB might be considering  for this job?

This is the week to begin interviews. The season is over and the recruiting trail is going…we are getting left behind. Signs of life would be nice. 

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Now, she should start by getting Fair back in the fold.

Wonder how many of our current players and even the portals she has talked too?? Have not heard or seen anything from Syracuse about coaches and other players except all the players in the portal!! More interested now on UB.

4 hours ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

They also lost 3 other starters to the transfer portal including the legendary Treasure Hunt. Should be a solid path to playing time there.

I did not realize that, thank you. Will be interesting to see how her game translates to that level. I like her a lot, she did a lot of the program and did the dirty work. Hopefully she gets those same opportunities and can outwork her opponents inside.

45 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Now officially announced, although finalized last Monday.  Coach Sharkey is about 140 miles closer to her New Jersey roots.  She too joins Coach Jack along with Coach Carter in Syracuse.  It is up on the Syracuse website.

Not unexpected, but honestly I was hoping she would get another opportunity on a different staff to help with her development. A new voice in her ear. FLJ is great, but to be a good HC, you should really be exposed to multiple styles to help you create your own identity.