Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nigel John (2019)

1 hour ago, Bill said:

John did favorite this tweet about UB recruiting along with other tweets about UN2D93F0E8-6942-4451-849B-F98391BCCA00.thumb.png.153b83980496c83333d202eba51ee239.png... have to think we’re strongly in the running for him. 

I see Coach Jenkins is putting in work with his burner twitter account lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trueblue32 said:

There's no way Jenkins got a D1 job and the first thing he did was commit public NCAA violations and tell people about it lmao

He's allowed to recruit via social media. There would be no violation. He's one of UB's allocated spots. 

14 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Uhh no you can't post about recruits until the LOI is signed. even if he could why would he create a burner to do something he's allowed to do? CFDC6AF3-7DC7-4BDB-B0C3-88D22803EAE9.thumb.png.c43d4a3c5fd82b59873b772ea878e64a.png

Reading skills are essential. It specifically says coaches cannot use the SCHOOL’S social networking pages. Their personal pages are their own separate entity and what they do with them is up to them. 

5 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Adding on to that, it specifically says that coaches are allowed to market and promote their school and their respective program on their social media accounts that they personally set up

Not while contacting individuals publicly. Find me a single tweet at a recruit prior to them signing.

10 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Not while contacting individuals publicly. Find me a single tweet at a recruit prior to them signing.

Do what now? Why are you still arguing, it literally shows the rules in the screenshot you posted. This is ridiculous lol 

I posted a paraphrase from a third party website because I figured people in a college basketball recruiting forum had a basic understanding of college recruiting lol. Here's the official NCAA rulebook. Tweeting someone is absolutely not private between sender and recipient.

76BBD814-6CC3-48A1-8E56-595EF64A9251.jpeg

Edited by trueblue32

16 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I posted a paraphrase from a third party website because I figured people in a college basketball recruiting forum had a basic understanding of college recruiting lol. Here's the official NCAA rulebook. Tweeting someone is absolutely not private between sender and recipient.

76BBD814-6CC3-48A1-8E56-595EF64A9251.jpeg

You are, once again, contradicting your own argument

18 minutes ago, Kevin said:

We should talk about Nigel John in this thread. 

Anyways, a really good final player who'd be eligible immediately. 

He decommited from Washington State and has a TON of potential

If ub lands Nigel, that would take care of the 4/5 spot in the line up for the next few years.

Looks like hed fit the mold of big we have been recuiting since Hurley except bigger

• Like 2

If we land him then I’d say our recruiting will be just fine moving forward. We bounced back from losing all our recruits to getting the #24 JUCO recruit who was once a 4 ️ AAC player, a 3 ️ big man that can hit 3s and could turn into a really solid player on both ends of the court, a project 2 ️ that remains to be seen what he will contribute but appears to have a game ready jump shot, a solid forward that transferred in from an almost national champion, and lastly another 3 star big man with polished post moves and numerous p5 offers 

Would be a huge land. Set us up really nicely and put us in position this coming year to compete to win Mac again. Also, would be clear our focus next year would be to replace Davonta Jordan, which is no easy task at all, as I think he’s one of the best all around pg’s UB has ever had (minus free throw shooting lol)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Would be a huge land. Set us up really nicely and put us in position this coming year to compete to win Mac again. Also, would be clear our focus next year would be to replace Davonta Jordan, which is no easy task at all, as I think he’s one of the best all around pg’s UB has ever had (minus free throw shooting lol)

Hopefully Segu is ready by then. He's shown flashes. I think Nickelberry will be capable of playing a Blake Hamilton-esque  point forward role, but with more talent around him he'll have less weight on his shoulders. I also have a good feeling about Gallion, although he might be more of a combo guard. I think it says a lot that the staff has landed 3 3-stars (maybe 4 with John) and scooped up Gallion in the middle of them. I think they feel that they found a diamond in the rough with him.

10 hours ago, Ubbulls84 said:

I agree.  I am encouraged with the group of recruits will allow the Bulls to compete in MAC and sets them up nicelyfor the next few years.

FWIW, using the 247 class calculator, if UB lands John we would have the #42 recruiting class in the country between Clemson and Nebraska. I used Nickelberry and Mballa's pages coming out of high school, and Gallion doesn't have a 247 page so we might be slightly higher.