Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nigel John (2019)

8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We don’t need every big man to shoot 3s. His twitter profile says true big man. I would expect him to be a force down low. Which could work well freeing up guys on the perimeter. Seems to me to be a true 5.

Skogman and John could compliment each other very well for the next 4 years.

• Like 1

Just now, SGBull said:

Skogman and John could compliment each other very well for the next 4 years.

Strongly agree. Just imagine John down low and Skogman being a stretch 4. Or Mballa running pick and roll with Segu. Endless possibilities. With our strong wing players on the perimeter and wider lanes now bc of the extented 3pt line. Exciting.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We don’t need every big man to shoot 3s. His twitter profile says true big man. I would expect him to be a force down low. Which could work well freeing up guys on the perimeter. Seems to me to be a true 5.

Oh no I totally agree, finding a solid big that can also shoot 3s like Perk is really rare, I just think whenever we’re saying someone could be the next Perk, we’re bringing in both scoring abilities he had

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

There was and will only be one true big man, Clarence Clemons.

42 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

Yup literally since the day we got the coach search over with the momentum has been very good especially with recruiting.

Really makes me less worried about Oats leaving. While he was a good coach, most of our success in the MAC came from being able to recruit better than the rest of the MAC. If we can continue that then we will be fine. Whitesell had a reputation for being a good coach that couldn’t recruit. Now we have a good coach that can recruit 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 961819 said:

Really makes me less worried about Oats leaving. While he was a good coach, most of our success in the MAC came from being able to recruit better than the rest of the MAC. If we can continue that then we will be fine. Whitesell had a reputation for being a good coach that couldn’t recruit. Now we have a good coach that can recruit 

Well I think he’s recruiting well because of the program Oats turned the team in to. A lot of kids see top 15 team from last year and want to continue that success. Not knocking the currently coaches ability to recruit, but, a lot of it has to do with last season which is going to carry over.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Well I think he’s recruiting well because of the program Oats turned the team in to. A lot of kids see top 15 team from last year and want to continue that success. Not knocking the currently coaches ability to recruit, but, a lot of it has to do with last season which is going to carry over.

The best recruiting tool is winning, kids want to play in the tournament. We have a team thats been there a few times since we hired Hurley

Your second best recruiting tool will be the players you have on the roster already. Guys like segu, Williams and graves are probably a huge help in recruiting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

You’re absolutely right, that’s helping a lot here and hopefully it continues to help 

6 minutes ago, Markscranton said:

any news---he was on campus for three days!!!

Given Pitt is not longer in pursuit---who is the competition 

If we get him--great job

go bulls 

Believe we are competing with Oklahoma State