Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nigel John (2019)

35 minutes ago, HomeyG said:

It doesn’t look good. Could just be that normal Buffalo paranoia...

He likely planned to take the weekend to make his decision.  I am expecting something tomorrow.  As for OSU, I looked at their fan site and they aren't really talking about Nigel on the site.   Just be patient and stay positive. 🙂

• Like 1

Also could be waiting to make sure UB (or other schools) clear him academically- not saying he wouldn’t qualify, but I imagine it can be more difficult for an admissions or compliance department to document coursework when a scholar athlete was home schooled.

50 minutes ago, 961819 said:

At this point I feel like this has to be an academics thing like McBulls said. Transferring credits from one college to another is hard enough, throw homeschooling in the mix and it’s probably a mess 

I also wondered this but having already signed to Washington State you would think they'd have that kind of stuff lined up/know what they're doing.  Who knows, hopefully he ends up coming to UB though.

3 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Has TCU officially offered? Gotta think the staff has moved on from him already since he seems content with waiting for a late big offer 

Why would we move on? At worst we pocket a scholarship, something a lot of us were expecting anyway. If I’m the coaching staff, I tell him “our last scholarship is for you, we’re not using it on anyone else” and play chicken with the bigger schools as they get tired of waiting and move on

10 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Why would we move on? At worst we pocket a scholarship, something a lot of us were expecting anyway. If I’m the coaching staff, I tell him “our last scholarship is for you, we’re not using it on anyone else” and play chicken with the bigger schools as they get tired of waiting and move on

Because they have zero depth at the forward position and realistically would like to fill that hole. The standard is a lot higher now for the team as a whole. Going into the season following the best season in school history without an adequate forward would make a significant impact on a team that last year was already thin at the position

2 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Arkansas seems interested as well - I'm pretty sure they just watch our recruiting targets to develop their own at this point...

That tweet about Arkansas' interest also mentions the possibility that John doesn't sign anywhere this year and reclassifies to 2020...either way I'm not holding my breath on him coming here. 

1 hour ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

That tweet about Arkansas' interest also mentions the possibility that John doesn't sign anywhere this year and reclassifies to 2020...either way I'm not holding my breath on him coming here. 

Yeah, at this point I doubt he is coming here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...