Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Demari Williams (2021 PG)

Jeseph

Love getting in early on the 2021’s. This is why it’s so important to keep winning, if these kids watch us rack up 25 wins and a tournament appearance each year it’ll go a long way to considering joining the program 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Love getting in early on the 2021’s. This is why it’s so important to keep winning, if these kids watch us rack up 25 wins and a tournament appearance each year it’ll go a long way to considering joining the program 

I agree UB05.  Keep winning and making the tournament at years end and these recruits will be more inclined to attend UB!.  All of these kids want a chance to play on the big stage.  UB offers that chance, year in and year out.  Say what you want about the MAC but if we continue to recruit at the caliber we currently are then  we should be able to have a legitimate chance to make the tournament each year in this conference.  One of the big reasons I don't see Gonzaga in a big hurry to leave the WCC.     

2 minutes ago, MaineBull said:

I agree UB05.  Keep winning and making the tournament at years end and these recruits will be more inclined to attend UB!.  All of these kids want a chance to play on the big stage.  UB offers that chance, year in and year out.  Say what you want about the MAC but if we continue to recruit at the caliber we currently are then  we should be able to have a legitimate chance to make the tournament each year in this conference.  One of the big reasons I don't see Gonzaga in a big hurry to leave the WCC.     

I wouldn't complain if we got an AAC invite though haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

I wouldn't complain if we got an AAC invite though haha.

I don't see that happening despite how much we would like it to.  One day I see Buffalo moving to a better conference but not now.  We need to show sustained success for a longer period of time in both hoops and football.  I think eventually we can do better than the AAC.  My hope is if the AAC comes calling to Buffalo, which for the record I doubt, they hold pat for future offers in another conference. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaineBull said:

I don't see that happening despite how much we would like it to.  One day I see Buffalo moving to a better conference but not now.  We need to show sustained success for a longer period of time in both hoops and football.  I think eventually we can do better than the AAC.  My hope is if the AAC comes calling to Buffalo, which for the record I doubt, they hold pat for future offers in another conference. 

I think a lot of people would be very upset if the aac came to us and we turned them down. 

Edited by Gxtrex

30 minutes ago, MaineBull said:

I agree but with an emphasis on football. Football is still king and often drives the decisions of the P5 conferences.

4 hours ago, MaineBull said:

Not to mention those "units" (money) from appearances in the tournament start to add up going every year and winning a game or two

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:07 PM, Tee4three said:

Not to mention those "units" (money) from appearances in the tournament start to add up going every year and winning a game or two

Agreed, keep the momentum going with a winning season capped with a tournament appearance at seasons end.  Success breeds success!  Go Bulls!

• 2 years later...