Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ North Texas

DooleyBull06

Looking at a variety of ranking sites and factoring in this is a road game - we are anywhere from 40% to win to roughly 50%.  ESPN has us at only 35%.  This will certainly be a tough challenge on the road.  We need Jack, Brewton, Skogman and Jones to shoot better.  If they do - we should win.

11 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Looking at a variety of ranking sites and factoring in this is a road game - we are anywhere from 40% to win to roughly 50%.  ESPN has us at only 35%.  This will certainly be a tough challenge on the road.  We need Jack, Brewton, Skogman and Jones to shoot better.  If they do - we should win.

I feel like they will play much better tonight in those aspects. I think we can dominate on the glass. We are currently a 2 point favorite on ESPN. I'm really eager to see this team perform tonight.

• Like 1

I live in Houston these days, so I made the 4 hour drive north and I'll be lucky enough to see the game. Denton is a nice town with a historic town center. Much nicer than I expected. My first UB basketball game in almost a decade.🤠

(Full disclosure. I'm often not the best of luck for UB teams)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UB77 said:

I live in Houston these days, so I made the 4 hour drive north and I'll be lucky enough to see the game. Denton is a nice town with a historic town center. Much nicer than I expected. My first UB basketball game in almost a decade.🤠

I was in Denton a few years ago for a conference, nice place. I recommend Queenie's Steakhouse for a good meal. There is also a Duluth Trading Post store there, cool stuff there.

• Like 1

North Texas was a great team last year. They won the CUSA and upset Purdue in the tournament. That said, of the 12 guys on their roster last year only 5 remain on the team this year. They lost 60% of their point production as well as their top 2 scorers who were both former UB Bulls - James Reese & Javion Hamlet. Those 2 alone accounted for nearly 40% of UNT's total points last year.

We are one of the most experienced teams in the country. This is a game we should be able to win. 

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Coach Whitesell is a bum.   Ha, I beat him to it.

(sarcasm font)

How did it go last year, if we lose, lots of comments and win few comments?  Hoping we have lots of good (not negative) comments tonight.

JW has to have then ready to play tonight.  If this team wants to be a tournament team, these are type of tough games you need to win.

Edited by DocCas86

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenFan said:

Hi guys, I am a UNT fan - ya'll can come over to our fan site and discuss the game with us as well.  Should be a good game tonight and we respect Buffalo quite a bit.

here is the link to our discussion on the game:  https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/150475-buffalo-111521/#comment-1324802

Hey welcome! Best of luck to you guys tonight. 

• Like 1

I think this game we might see Maceo Jack settle down a bit. I thinking coaches are giving him a bit too much freedom and maybe asking too much of. 

I would also like to see more Ty Perry and Curtis Jones tonight. I was disappointed that they were not involved last game. 

I hope we see less of Fagan. Complete defensive liability and it’s unnecessary for him to be out there unless massive injuries happen.

Should be a fun game!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UB77 said:

Hey welcome - and glad you got to experience Denton.  It's a neat town, and the downtown square is neat.  We sort of think it like Austin used to be before it got too big.  I think you will enjoy the Super Pit as well.  Hope you have a great time there other than the final score 😃

• Like 1

UNT has one of the best Jazz Music programs in the country with notable alums like Tom Bones Malone (Blues Brothers), Nora Jones, and Jeff Coffin from Dave Matthews Band. My brother attended and played in their infamous light night Lab Bands. It's a pretty interesting school. 

Edited by clodney

7 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

It is still early in the season, but this is looking like the more difficult of the two road games against CUSA teams.  WKU has struggled a bit early on.

Need some scoring balance tonight and we will be fine.

Honestly, if this isn’t a double digit win for UB I’ll be disappointed. NT isn’t that good, and if we think UB is a tourney-caliber team, we definitely shouldn’t be struggling with NT, road team or not, early season or not.

43 minutes ago, eanil said:

Honestly, if this isn’t a double digit win for UB I’ll be disappointed. NT isn’t that good, and if we think UB is a tourney-caliber team, we definitely shouldn’t be struggling with NT, road team or not, early season or not.

I'm not sure I agree. They were a Cinderella story in the Tourney last year, they were regular season CUSA champs the year before, and they won the entire CBI tourney a couple years before that. This isn't UAlbany here, they're pretty decent. It also sounds like they're expecting a good crowd too so I think we're in for a tighter game. Given our expectations though I think we can pull it out. All I want is better outside shooting and a team that doesn't look completely lost for the first 10 minutes.