Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ North Texas

DooleyBull06

23 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Start Brock and get him the ball.  Have him draw early fouls on the opposing big man, early.  Then Hardnett.  It may not result in much as far as early points, but getting their big in foul trouble early can never hurt.

Does Brock draw that many fouls though? It seems he is usually the one fouling 

• Haha 1

I can’t believe we are discussing Brock Bertram. I think by this point we know what he is. He is the 12th man. Last resort who somehow starts. He brings smarts on the court but he has no athletic ability. Is somewhat a brute defensively and just sets screens on offense and fumbles when the ball comes to him on a screen and roll.

Skogman, Hardnett, Mading and/or Williamson should all play before him. 

• Like 1

Guys this is nothing new having our best big man come off the bench.. His name was Nick Perkins.

Did LaQuill play great on Monday... yeah he was pretty good, but he also had four fouls in less than 18 minutes so you have to pick and choose his minutes.

Brock played eight minutes and Skogman 18 minutes.. So he still played by far the least amount of minutes of anyone.

We get so caught up on who starts a game... we need to make sure our best players are around to finish the game and right now I don't believe LaQuill would be around at the end of the game if he started.  He just fouls way too much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

Guys this is nothing new having our best big man come off the bench.. His name was Nick Perkins.

Did LaQuill play great on Monday... yeah he was pretty good, but he also had four fouls in less than 18 minutes so you have to pick and choose his minutes.

Brock played eight minutes and Skogman 18 minutes.. So he still played by far the least amount of minutes of anyone.

We get so caught up on who starts a game... we need to make sure our best players are around to finish the game and right now I don't believe LaQuill would be around at the end of the game if he started.  He just fouls way too much.

Brock can give 5 to 10 minutes a game of solid contribution, when is the best time to sneak minutes? My opinion is the start

I have zero issue with Brock starting all I would do is maybe have a quicker pull because it always seems we leave him in 1 possession too long where the other team figures out how to attack him 

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Not sure if anyone is paying attention but North Texas sits at 17-4. Hell of a win earlier this year. 

And UNT has a NET ranking of 51.  That’s  definitely a quality win for UB. Shows what our ceiling could look like if we play up to our potential for 40 minutes every game. Still a lot of season left to keep moving in the right direction!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 4:58 PM, Bluebird96 said:

And UNT has a NET ranking of 51.  That’s  definitely a quality win for UB. Shows what our ceiling could look like if we play up to our potential for 40 minutes every game. Still a lot of season left to keep moving in the right direction!

And most interesting that they got the win without Williams.

Edited by Chet

35 minutes ago, UB77 said:

Jeenathan played 37 minutes and scored 14 points in Denton TX.

In addition he had six assists.  Not surprisingly, when Jeenathan's assist numbers are up, the team wins greater percent.  He is the offensive leader of the team, but has to find balance of taking charge and relying on his teammates.   When making his teammates better, good things happen.960485953_Screenshot_20220214-2158062.thumb.png.b2e990569921ebabcd2772425a5b92b8.png

• 4 weeks later...