Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Stephen F Austin vs Buffalo - Cancun Challenge - 11/23 / 6 p.m. CBSSN

DocCas86

First game for us in Cancun, winner heads to championship game of the Riviera division.  Composite rankings (22 sites) have UB ranked #72 and SFA at 159.  This translates into UB being favored 5 - 6 points.  To date SFA has a 3-1 record with wins against MTSU and two non-D1 opponents and a loss at home to S. Dakota St. by 12 points.  Their top player is Gavin Kensmil, a 6'7" SR from Suriname who average close to 20 points in two D1 games this season.

Offensively, they appear to like the fast pace - as they have 76 or more possessions in each of their games this year.  They are currently shooting better than 40% from 3-pt, but they do not take a lot of 3's.  They appear to be a good at hitting the offensive glass, but are prone to turning the ball over. 

Defensively, teams are shooting 65% against them from 2 and they have allowed a lot of FTs.  They do seem to create a fair amount of turnovers.  

I expect a fast paced game that we should win but we need to limit our turnovers and be aggressive on boards.

1 hour ago, UBlearns said:

UB appears to be a 6-point favorite from what I can see.  Should be a close one.  Hopefully UB can get the win and setup a juicy matchup with Saint Louis tomorrow.

It is going to be interesting as the year goes on what the rotation will look like. What players will be able to give positive minutes for our starters. Still think Coach is giving too many minutes to Brock. It seems like he is being rewarded for being the faithful soldier all these years. It is important to give some playing time and game time exposure to the players that will be here in the coming years. Go Bulls!!!

5 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We should win tonight. I expect to win tonight. The St Louis game should be our toughest game until Bona. TCB tonight.

I agree, a very winnable game.  For what it is worth, projected probability of win is ~70%.  As you said team needs to TCB.  I think they need extra emphasis on boards, as ORB has been a strength for SFA.

• Like 1

Good thing is he fouls so much he takes himself out of the game. Skogman in with a nice block already.

Going to need to see Mballa do something sooner than later. We're getting demolished on the glass and he's supposed to be a big bad board man. Crummy fast break charge too. He's got near zero wiggle.