Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Stephen F Austin vs Buffalo - Cancun Challenge - 11/23 / 6 p.m. CBSSN

DocCas86

If only we didn’t turn the ball over, 20 times! If only we rebounded better. If only we shot free throws better. If only we hit a few more 3s. If if if. If not for a Herculean effort from Rondo we would’ve lost by 10. In a game we should’ve lost by more than 20. The only moral victory I’ll take from this game is that hopefully it’s our worst effort of the season. Lace them up again tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, clodney said:

At the beginning of the season we thought this was a potential at-large team. In reality, this is a middling d1 team that might have a shot at the MAC championship if they hit a streak. 

beyond disappointing so far. 

No shot of an at large now even if we beat St Bonaventure, which I’m gonna say is very unlikely with this Whitesell coached team. Gonna have to get on a streak to make tourney which who knows with this team. 

Just now, mikescherrer8 said:

Josh Mballa has been an absolute ghost in these 4 games. Always quick to be benched because of foul trouble. We need him to step it up in the worst way. 

I feel like the draft process was the worst thing that happened to him. He prolly heard from scouts all the things he needs to do to get to the nba and it’s completely altered his game and who he is. He is not a shooter or dribbler. Yet the scouts prolly told him he need to be that kind of player. 

Just now, Dabulls said:

Any reason why skogman didn’t see much playing time in the second? We really needed some length out there

Kind of a defensive liability. He’s a little further behind than where he should be right now. Unless he improves or shows signs of good minutes he’s probably only going to appear early in games and play in blow outs

2 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Well now that the at large dream is squashed, I would like to see more minutes from the freshmen

Need to start developing them plus save minutes for the mac tournament for your big guns 

Please. This. Please. Can we all stop with the at large nonsense until this further notice. Now use the rest of the non conference to develop an identity. Build depth and sort out a rotation and roles. 

5 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I feel like the draft process was the worst thing that happened to him. He prolly heard from scouts all the things he needs to do to get to the nba and it’s completely altered his game and who he is. He is not a shooter or dribbler. Yet the scouts prolly told him he need to be that kind of player. 

Always want our guys chasing their dreams, etc. But Josh sniffing the NBA has always been a pipe dream. If he's not a dominant, mini Bam Adebayo at the MAC level, it's just not even a thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I honestly had hopes of an at large bid, at least the potential for one.  This team just doesn't have it though.  None of their games this year let alone the last few have looked like "team" basketball.  Just a bunch of dudes taking turns taking shots.  It's just not fun basketball anymore.

At large hope is definitely completely gone now. Only chance is winning mac tourney. Like to see what we got with some of these freshman these next couple games, if they are going to be a factor at all this year. 

4 minutes ago, squire17 said:

The rest of the non conference? Illinois St, St Bona, Canisius, W Kentucky, UC Irvine, and last, but not least St John Fisher and Point Park. Oh my God, what a joke! 

Doesn’t matter now. Had to win tonight for out of conference to even be relevant. Now got to win the Mac for tourney.

• Thanks 1