Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Game day 6pm Illinois st

Tee4three

49 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Amen brother. 

Just look at the stat line - turnovers given (and few taken) and second chance points for opponent was the difference.  The team has been shooting very well the last three games combined eFG% > 55% and opponents have not shot well.  A squandered opportunity!!!

image.thumb.png.3a7ad3c0360588377516b4ef5630b635.png

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Just look at the stat line - turnovers given (and few taken) and second chance points for opponent was the difference.  The team has been shooting very well the last three games combined eFG% > 55% and opponents have not shot well.  A squandered opportunity!!!

image.thumb.png.3a7ad3c0360588377516b4ef5630b635.png

Couldn’t be more accurate. Looking at the shooting numbers last night. We shot extremely well from 2. Barely made 3s and scored 78. Completely wasted opportunity. Hopefully a lesson is learned.

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

Hoping to see some of the freshmen get looks in the rotation. Think they would at least bring energy to games that the team is lacking it 

Think a line up of jones blocker mading hardnett skogman would be interesting. A nice glimpse into the future 

I think the smartest way to incorporate the young guys is that have them on the floor surrounded by vets. That way they can get use to game speed and not be relied upon to shoulder the load. Example…if Skogman is gonna play the perimeter he has to be out there with Mballa occupying the lane and Segu penetrating or running pick and pops. Jones has to be out there with Williams and other vets. A guy like Blocker out there with a Segu to create for him. Remember Graves freshman year…Oats brought him along. Mixed him in, and he played in every game. Remember Williams and Rondo as freshman…averaged like 8-10 minutes but were mixed in.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I think the smartest way to incorporate the young guys is that have them on the floor surrounded by vets. That way they can get use to game speed and not be relied upon to shoulder the load. Example…if Skogman is gonna play the perimeter he has to be out there with Mballa occupying the lane and Segu penetrating or running pick and pops. Jones has to be out there with Williams and other vets. A guy like Blocker out there with a Segu to create for him. Remember Graves freshman year…Oats brought him along. Mixed him in, and he played in every game. Remember Williams and Rondo as freshman…averaged like 8-10 minutes but were mixed in.

That would be the smart way of doing things but I gave up hoping to see that so I'm now hoping we can get a under class and upper class type of rotation lol 

3 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

That’s what I’m thinking. This is what we were hoping to see from him. 

He lacks Watt’s defense that allowed him to get so many minutes early in his career, but he has good instincts offensively and can take a defender off the dribble. I’m obviously critical of Whitesell but I am optimistic that guys like Jones, Skogman, and Mading can be quality recruits.