Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

21-22 Transfer Portal

Jeseph

• 2 weeks later...

They should just have everyone enter the portal every year. Go to a new team every year. The school itself, classes, friends/teammates/classmates...Who cares about those? The NCAA has made the whole thing a complete joke. Just call it what it is, minor leagues, where most won't actually go pro (although everyone's cronies says they will). Why bother getting excited about recruits or signings? They won't be at the school long anyway, if they don't change their mind before showing up at all.

Maybe they just didn't get their mandatory booster and aren't going to be allowed back on campus next semester. Maybe more will follow.

Edited by skrabukes

2 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Well... he has to actually play, and the team actually has to be successful before I'd say it worked out.  For now it's just good that he's happy.

Last year we (myself included) mocked the guys going to Kansas because we were going be MAC champs and going to a nice bowl. That didn't pan out, so what does he have to lose by going to a program where he will have more exposure. We can watch Jacob Gall today and his Baylor Bears. He fell uphill on that one.

On 1/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, UBinMD said:

Last year we (myself included) mocked the guys going to Kansas because we were going be MAC champs and going to a nice bowl. That didn't pan out, so what does he have to lose by going to a program where he will have more exposure. We can watch Jacob Gall today and his Baylor Bears. He fell uphill on that one.

How can you recruit if your a new coach? Everyone bolts before you can get it going?

1 hour ago, HomeyG said:

How can you recruit if your a new coach? Everyone bolts before you can get it going?

Don’t fool yourself, Coach Mo will bolt as soon as he has success, a MACC or bowl win and the big guys come calling. They all want the new young coach. We are in a very precarious position with our program. LL was a stabilizing factor for more years that we can usually hope for. He just got thrown a bag of money from a floundering program that was desperate. He was not choice 1 or choice 4 for that matter, but I don’t fault him for going. As I’ve said it’s the timing that really set up back.

• Like 1