Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

21-22 Transfer Portal

Jeseph

I don’t know Chris king personal. But I am close friends with his older brother ( we both went to Ub - class of 2013 ) ! He got High offers from P5 conferences but wanted playing time so he went to UB so he can play ASAP. Also his family was comfortable with UB due to them being familiar with the school. At Monmouth he will be close to his family and most likely play right away. So I think this decision was best for him and his family. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ubgrad13 said:

I don’t know Chris king personal. But I am close friends with his older brother ( we both went to Ub - class of 2013 ) ! He got High offers from P5 conferences but wanted playing time so he went to UB so he can play ASAP. Also his family was comfortable with UB due to them being familiar with the school. At Monmouth he will be close to his family and most likely play right away. So I think this decision was best for him and his family. 

Thanks for the insight. Hopefully it’s a good experience for him. For football though, for any decent program, you likely will not start as a freshman (you may get some decent PT). If he had researched the LL era (with whom he was recruited), they had a track record of player development with freshman not seeing the field a lot unless you were an absolute stud. I appreciate kids wanting to play right away, but HS football to D1 is a big step and sitting back, learning and listening can improve you leaps and bounds in the long run. I’m guessing with this decision he didn’t see himself on the 2-Deep with Coach Mo.

All the best to him. I hope he makes his mark at Monmouth.

• Like 1

Interesting stats as of today:

BVA9LoL6_bigger.jpg

Portal numbers update (1/18)

• 1,194 FBS scholarship players have entered since 8/1
  • 48 players withdrew
  • 545 players announced new schools
  • 47.5% of portal players have announced new schools
  • 601 FBS scholarship players remain in the portal \

@rivalsmike

Edited by UBinMD

We are #1!! Maybe not for the best reason, but with our recent influx of transfers, we seem to be moving in the right direction. Buffalo, Nevada and Maryland lead the way:

BVA9LoL6_bigger.jpg

January 18th Portal Cup update (scholarship players to portal since 8/1)

P5: +MD - 21, +UVA - 20, +Indiana - 17, +Ole Miss - 17, +FSU, Mich St, Arkansas, Cuse Auburn, Colorado, Arizona - 16

G5: Nevada,Buffalo - 21, Colorado State - 17, UCF,Hawaii - 16 UConn, FIU - 15

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

Look for D’andre Greeley to commit. Juco DB out of San Francisco. 14th ranked juco player on 247. 1st team all American. Just visited this weekend and updated his status to warm on 247. Notable offers include UNLV and Colorado state. 

https://247sports.com/player/dandre-greeley-46081484/

Mo tweeted that he just got OUTSTANDING NEWS! Maybe this one? I saw an offer for another OL from VMI.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Look for D’andre Greeley to commit. Juco DB out of San Francisco. 14th ranked juco player on 247. 1st team all American. Just visited this weekend and updated his status to warm on 247. Notable offers include UNLV and Colorado state. 

https://247sports.com/player/dandre-greeley-46081484/

He would be the third player from City College of San Francisco to come to Buffalo after Khalil Hodge and OJ Simpson.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MuchMany said:

… Excited to see … where our roster stands 

Me too!   But isn’t it still a little soon?  When does the final/normal signing period end?   When will the spring roster be published?

As long as I’m asking questions; what are peoples thoughts about the star ratings of incoming transfers?   Their transfer rating is most current, but their high school rating is more comparable with the rest of the roster (and the rest of the conference, for that matter).  Another consideration is that some players will only be rated one of those times, and not the other. 

3 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Me too!   But isn’t it still a little soon?  When does the final/normal signing period end?   When will the spring roster be published?

As long as I’m asking questions; what are peoples thoughts about the star ratings of incoming transfers?   Their transfer rating is most current, but their high school rating is more comparable with the rest of the roster (and the rest of the conference, for that matter).  Another consideration is that some players will only be rated one of those times, and not the other. 

February 2 is the signing day for 2022, so hopefully all of these commits sign on these days. I think both ratings have validity. The HS would definitely be comps to our current roster. The transfer ones are usually going to be a little lower because they didn't live up to their "potential" or haven't had the opportunity yet. I think most will have a chip on their shoulder to prove why they had their original value. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

• Like 2