Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

21-22 Transfer Portal

Jeseph

I hope he stays, espcially since we lose one Molinich (maybe his bro can become the next rock solid hammer in the run game). Mangas and Borland are likely hybrid block/some targets guys. Stephens is a leaner guy the department noted good things about in practice ever since he arrived. Though it took him a while to become a main guy, I think he has good potential. Or maybe Montgomery is signaling a change up in offense with all these receivers.

I have an insider on the team who told me that the coaching staff has openly told some players that they should look elsewhere. Some have left as grad transfers as well. I was also told that spring ball will be harder than ever before, coaching staff is hoping to weed out the weak players… expect more to look elsewhere after spring ball

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Dabulls said:

I have an insider on the team who told me that the coaching staff has openly told some players that they should look elsewhere. Some have left as grad transfers as well. I was also told that spring ball will be harder than ever before, coaching staff is hoping to weed out the weak players… expect more to look elsewhere after spring ball

I was wondering if that was the case with the total number of entries. I’m curious about McDuffie. His choice or the staff? I would assume they want him back but maybe not. He’s the main one I’m interested in hearing about 

8 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I was wondering if that was the case with the total number of entries. I’m curious about McDuffie. His choice or the staff? I would assume they want him back but maybe not. He’s the main one I’m interested in hearing about 

From what I know he’s testing the waters to see what kind of interest he gets. Hopefully he doesn’t transfer out

43 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

From what I know he’s testing the waters to see what kind of interest he gets. Hopefully he doesn’t transfer out

I would like to see him back for sure. Next week will be telling. Once commitment letters are signed the total number of available scholarships are going to be limited. Unfortunately there may be people stuck in transfer portal purgatory when the dust settles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

I don't have a subscription but this sounds like a fascinating read

Not surprised at all, this is what I was talking about months ago that NILs are going to be dangled like carrots and it won't matter if the kid is not in the portal or not.

• Like 1

So as of 1/31/22, there are 15 players either still in the Portal or having transferred to another school already. We have 10 confirmed transfers and 3 signed JUCOs, so we are about even. We were also able to keep 3 of our players that were previously in the portal. To go along with 12 incoming freshman and potentially more signing this week, I would say we are in better shape today than we were at the end of the season. 9 of the 10 transfers are currently ranked 3 star, two of those were 4 star out of HS.

• Like 1

Has anyone put together a cheat sheet on who has transferred to or from, committed, de-committed, grad transfer, juco, freshman, etc?

I have to admit that I am completely confused on who's still here, who's new that I should be excited about, and who is an up and coming prospect.

20 minutes ago, UB77 said:

Has anyone put together a cheat sheet on who has transferred to or from, committed, de-committed, grad transfer, juco, freshman, etc?

I have to admit that I am completely confused on who's still here, who's new that I should be excited about, and who is an up and coming prospect.

Mo done a hell of a job…