Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

21-22 Transfer Portal

Jeseph

On 4/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, ub2019 said:

Grad transfer DE from NC State. Had 3 sacks last year.

Kante is originally from NYC. He actually officially visited Buffalo when he was in high school but got a couple late power 5 offers, one being from NC State. He visited under Leipold’s staff so it makes sense why he visited Kansas. Maybe he thought the opportunity to play and to be much closer to home was bigger than another P5 opportunity 

One thing the NCAA is considering that I hope they adopt soon is that anyone entering the transfer portal has to do so by X date or they are forced to sit out a year. Of course you want what’s best for the kids but FB transferring right now (as in time of year) is ridiculous. 

Edited by DaBulls99

37 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

Bad news. 

Maybe, but there is a good chance he lost his job due to the OLs we brought in and he said peace out. Always hard to loose OL, can never seem to have enough. The timing of these transfers is disturbing. I’m guessing they don’t like what’s happening in practice and it’s easy to go to the portal so they just bail out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

Bad news. 

Have to think he found himself sliding down the depth chart, especially with Sidney walker and Bessent coming in. I also believe Hartnett will be joining the team this summer. Have to think Mo is going to try to find a portal OL. Was very quick bringing in a TE after Williams left

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...