Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Mark Turgeon

squire17

From an SEC athletics conglomerate to an ACC middle of the road program?

I think it's wishful thinking on Maryland's part. Oats just signed a $3 mil/year extension with 'Bama.

I don't know how much Oats misses the Midwest Winters, but based on his family background, I'd guess Michigan as maybe the only real potential temptation.

8 hours ago, UB77 said:

From an SEC athletics conglomerate to an ACC middle of the road program?

I think it's wishful thinking on Maryland's part. Oats just signed a $3 mil/year extension with 'Bama.

I don't know how much Oats misses the Midwest Winters, but based on his family background, I'd guess Michigan as maybe the only real potential temptation.

Except that Maryland is in the Big Ten.

12 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Why would Oats leave the SEC for the Big Ten? Lol.

Most college basketball insiders are saying Maryland is a top 15 job in the college basketball landscape. We may not agree with that but that’s how Maryland views itself as well as the insiders. They are gonna be big game hunting…who knows maybe they look beyond Oats. I agree with most…right now if I’m Nate I don’t bolt Alabama. But none of this is going to happen at this moment. This is talk for late March/April