Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ Canisius (5pm Saturday 12/8)

Jeseph

2 minutes ago, clodney said:

They're all just standing around. It's this bush league NBA-style basketball and we've seen it all year from this squad. It isn't anything like the team ball we saw a couple years ago. What the hell happened to the style of play we saw with tons of passing, off-ball movement, etc...?

I don't remember which Twitter account it was, but one of the analytics accounts I follow had an interesting stat maybe two weeks ago - as of that time, UB runs more iso offense than every team in the country.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, UBlearns said:

I don't remember which Twitter account it was, but one of the analytics accounts I follow had an interesting stat maybe two weeks ago - as of that time, UB runs more iso offense than every team in the country.

Also can’t trust the numbers right now bc we’ve played two high school teams. Which have skewed the efficiency numbers. But my eyes tell me yes we play lots of iso ball. Williams especially 

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Also can’t trust the numbers right now bc we’ve played two high school teams. Which have skewed the efficiency numbers. But my eyes tell me yes we play lots of iso ball. Williams especially 

Yeah, the stat also pointed out that Williams was one of the most efficient iso scorers in the country.  Probably got a huge boost from the Michigan game.

3 minutes ago, UBlearns said:

I don't understand why teams (read: us) don't have a larger offensive playbook that can revert to more simple Iso ball when needed. Like do we have to practice this offense even?

Heard an interesting interview with Tanner Groves of Oklahoma, and he mentioned that transferring from Eastern Washington to Porter Moser's offense, he had to learn a huge football-style playbook. It's no wonder Moser with that kind of strategic depth along with his energy is such an ascendant coach.