Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ Canisius (5pm Saturday 12/8)

Jeseph

I've said it once, I'll say it again. This team is not very good. I don't care what talent they have, they play garbage 1-on-1 basketball and I have very little hope that we're going dancing this year.

I'm glad we kept the team intact with Whitesell. If only Whitesell had kept the playbook intact as well.

1 minute ago, clodney said:

I've said it once, I'll say it again. This team is not very good. I don't care what talent they have, they play garbage 1-on-1 basketball and I have very little hope that we're going dancing this year.

I'm glad we kept the team intact with Whitesell. If only Whitesell had kept the playbook intact as well.

Yea thank god we have this roster again this year to underperform. Come up short and have no significant scores next year. A dream for stability.

Just now, DocCas86 said:

Karma?

Canisius was certainly more fired up to play today. Not even close. Don't think it was lost on them.

The culture on this team is just off, and that whole saga may have been a canary in the coalmine. Right now we have a team with too many woofers who think they have a shot at the NBA. Have you ever seen the guys post "League Him" on each other's highlight posts? Laughable. If Whitesell is indeed the culture builder, the guy from that airplane story, then he's got work to do. There's time to figure it out still this year, but this was a massive reality check/embarrassment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Canisius was certainly more fired up to play today. Not even close. Don't think it was lost on them.

The culture on this team is just off, and that whole saga may have been a canary in the coalmine. Right now we have a team with too many woofers who think they have a shot at the NBA. Have you ever seen the guys post "League Him" on each other's highlight posts? Laughable. 

Agree. The draft process has ruined Mballa and gotten into Williams head much like it did Graves. This is a loud, selfish unaccomplished group. And the head coach is too much of a bff to really dig into them and tear them a new one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Erie County said:

A million for MuchMoney. 

We all knew Whitesell stunk. He left this program worse than he found it, and next year is going to be a huge mess.

Lol, coming from the Skip Bayless of the board. I mean we just kicked the shit out of Western Kentucky on the road, who just beat down Louisville. Guess that only put the pitchforks away for a few days.

This was a very bad loss to a very motivated local rival (who almost beat Bona the same way). It's a big hit to Whitesell and this season for sure. I'm very upset about it right now. Still don't think the season is over.

It’s boring, bland, undisciplined, uninspired and unprepared basketball, and maybe the worst part is they can’t even outrun the defense on the fast break. The benefit of the Oats teams was even if the shots weren’t falling you knew that the pace of place would eventually wear out the other team. That doesn’t happen with this iteration of the Bulls. There’s no team identity. It’s so disheartening.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Start the coaching search now...

As others have noted though, Whitesell's new extension and the buyout that would come with letting him go are going to be a big impediment to that regardless of what we think of its merits. Curious how bad of a season people realistically think would get him canned. I think it would have to be a below .500 MAC record and a first round exit.

1 minute ago, MuchMany said:

As others have noted though, Whitesell's new extension and the buyout that would come with letting him go are going to be a big impediment to that regardless of what we think of its merits. Curious how bad of a season people realistically think would get him canned. I think it would have to be a below .500 MAC record and a first round exit.

Not out of the question.