Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

[Postponed] UC Irvine @ Buffalo

MuchMany

The problem is Christmas break. The players were scheduled to go home after the game tomorrow night so it takes games on Wednesday and Thursday out of the mix. 

now if we think it’s a disaster now, wait until after Christmas once everyone goes home and comes back to the their respective schools. 

• Like 1

• Jeseph changed the title to [Postponed] UC Irvine @ Buffalo
7 hours ago, UB92 said:

… I would not be shocked at all to see UB beat UCI...perhaps even by 10 or more.   And for Mballa and Williams to have strong games.  As a result of that, we will get those who were in hiding during/after the Canisius game to say things like "now we've turned the corner and are focused on MAC play" or "only need to have a solid stretch in Cleveland" or "UCI is a tier x win that will improve our NET".   …

I for one tend to avoid the ‘everyone sucks’ threads because the constant repetition just  isn’t enjoyable.   It isn’t hiding, and has no correlation to my thoughts about anyone keeping their job. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Hopefully over the holidays the NCAA/MAC come up with a more common sense approach to this largely mild, asymptomatic endemic phase of Covid that we're entering and may be in until summer. Most pro leagues are doing so right now to save the integrity of their seasons.

Simple fix.  If a team cannot play a game it is a forfeit.  If both teams cannot play then a double forfeit.

3 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Simple fix.  If a team cannot play a game it is a forfeit.  If both teams cannot play then a double forfeit.

Why would anyone want a forfeit in a non-league game? Who wins there? UB? The players/coaches? The fans who bought tickets? Yeah, let's punish those bad people who caught a virus.

Just now, BrooklynBull said:

Rescheduling issues.  It also puts pressure on all players and staff to be careful and not do stupid things.

Stupid things, like what? Breathing air? Unless one is literally living alone, and stays alone at all times, they are susceptible to catching an airborne virus. C'mon man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrooklynBull said:

How about going to crowded places without masks.

Like players playing in basketball games, with coaches, managers, trainers all huddled together? Evidently those 51 million people over the past 2 years were asking for it! 200 million people in the US vaxxed, yet more stoppages than pre-vax. Makes sense. Must be because people go to places without masks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Like players playing in basketball games, with coaches, managers, trainers all huddled together? Evidently those 51 million people over the past 2 years were asking for it! 200 million people in the US vaxxed, yet more stoppages than pre-vax. Makes sense. Must be because people go to places without masks.

Let’s move the virus debate to its own thread

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, yussi1870 said:

Let’s move the virus debate to its own thread

I'm done. I just find it hard to believe that this game gets made up ("forfeit" or not). I doubt Irvine wants to fly in from Cal during their league schedule, into potentially bad weather that could cause issues with delays as well.

• 3 months later...