Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB at Akron moved to JAN 1 @ 2 pm

UB92

The bad officiating took the team out of the game in the second half and it reverted to a lot of 1 on 5 basketball. 

A far, far cry from the first half when the team was playing as a team.  They really don’t have the players or coaches to settle them down and get back to playing team ball. 

Not sure we learned anything from this game that everyone didn’t already know. 

they are down 10 with 5 to play.  Maybe they have something special here. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

If its a double digit lead under 4, and the fouls don't start evening out. On a physical play someone will throw a punch 

The refs have set this game up to have something ugly happen 

Start with the 5'6" ref wearing the mask, then go to Stewart who started the debacle with the weak T on Jeenathan. 

6 minutes ago, Chet said:

Blame the refs? 

Not entirely but when your best offensive player has 4 fouls at the 12 minute mark and one was a bad call tech and another was a bad call offensive foul that’s huge. That killed our offensive momentum. And I’m sorry but we can’t rely on Perry, Jack, Brewton to win this game when Mballa was already out. The foul difference was bad. Lots of bad calls. 

Last comment from me til next game. It's always been, at least in my eyes, win at home, split on the road. Let's get back to that. Let's stop giving up 90. Let's make the extra pass once again, or any passes for that matter. Get a little dirty (blue collar style, not cheap BS). Fix Hardnett - wtf man, you are a good player, I know the refs hate you, but we need that 70% fg guy from 2 years ago that could play more than 5 mpg. Just be a team again, look like it, act like it, trust each other and believe in each other. Make a FT or two when you get there.

The group has a run in them. Hopefully we'll see it at some point here. It just depends on if they decide to do those above points. We shall see. 

3 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

So glad I didn’t watch this game. Sounds like from the comments the refs screwed us again. Ohio and MAC refs are two reasons we need to get out of this conference. What a joke of a league.

We didn't lose because of the officiating. Stop with the excuses! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chet said:

We didn't lose because of the officiating. Stop with the excuses! 

It was a huge contributing factor. As I said when Williams has 4 fouls with over 12 minutes left and 2 fouls were bad calls that completely changed the game. Add to that Mballa out…where is the scoring coming from? Perry? Jack? Brewton? You try winning with that lineup. As a result of fouls Akron dominated with their bigs and wore us out. Fouls were an issue. Hardnett’s fouls were fouls. But certain fouls on Williams and Skogman weren’t. Changes the game. Admit that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It was a huge contributing factor. As I said when Williams has 4 fouls with over 12 minutes left and 2 fouls were bad calls that completely changed the game. Add to that Mballa out…where is the scoring coming from? Perry? Jack? Brewton? You try winning with that lineup. As a result of fouls Akron dominated with their bigs and wore us out. Fouls were an issue. Hardnett’s fouls were fouls. But certain fouls on Williams and Skogman weren’t. Changes the game. Admit that

No doubt the fouls discrepancy was bad. Hard to argue your point, but we played poorly too.