Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Vantrease/McDuffie both enter transfer portal

24 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

This describes a clear NCAA violation.  Deals are not allowed to be used as an enticement to enroll at any school.  Nor can any company participate in recruiting.  Only employees of the university who have passed a NCAA test can recruit (which makes you wonder if the statements of Deion Sanders that he helped recruit for Florida State when he was not employed by the school will be investigated).

Early report of NIL earnings were under $500.00.  That number was skewed because of a couple of very large deals (some of which probably were buss for the companies that paid out the large numbers).

Also both Miami (Fl) and BYU are under investigation for possible violations, although in the absence of NCAA rules on most NIL deals, I am not sure what of anything the NCAA can do about it.

I'm sure all of the big schools are always on the "up and up". 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

This describes a clear NCAA violation.  Deals are not allowed to be used as an enticement to enroll at any school.  Nor can any company participate in recruiting.  Only employees of the university who have passed a NCAA test can recruit (which makes you wonder if the statements of Deion Sanders that he helped recruit for Florida State when he was not employed by the school will be investigated).

Early report of NIL earnings were under $500.00.  That number was skewed because of a couple of very large deals (some of which probably were buss for the companies that paid out the large numbers).

Also both Miami (Fl) and BYU are under investigation for possible violations, although in the absence of NCAA rules on most NIL deals, I am not sure what of anything the NCAA can do about it.

$500 means a lot to some kids. I think it will become out of control and make things very difficult for lower level schools. Based on this every school will be on probation at some point 

The NIL situation is turning into the Wild West.  I don't think the NCAA can control this or have the oversight necessary at the present time.  I know UB won't be able to win the bidding war to land QB Caleb Williams.  But can we pool our money to get a few solid recruits in here?  We just need to outbid the other MAC teams! 

5 hours ago, zigo230 said:

The NIL situation is turning into the Wild West.  I don't think the NCAA can control this or have the oversight necessary at the present time.  I know UB won't be able to win the bidding war to land QB Caleb Williams.  But can we pool our money to get a few solid recruits in here?  We just need to outbid the other MAC teams! 

NO WE CANNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

How plausible is it that many, if not most, DI programs will contemplate disassociating from the auspices of the NCAA? The guidance of that body hasn’t exactly made life easy for the vast majority of schools. I would love it if a few schools would have the guts to completely sever their connections to an arrogant, officious, and hypocritical association. There would be an avalanche of schools following suit.

3 hours ago, squire17 said:

How plausible is it that many, if not most, DI programs will contemplate disassociating from the auspices of the NCAA? The guidance of that body hasn’t exactly made life easy for the vast majority of schools. I would love it if a few schools would have the guts to completely sever their connections to an arrogant, officious, and hypocritical association. There would be an avalanche of schools following suit.

The who sets the rules?  No one?

By the way the most hypocritical thing going is schools complaining about the NCAA rules.  They voted for them.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

The who sets the rules?  No one?

By the way the most hypocritical thing going is schools complaining about the NCAA rules.  They voted for them.

Oh, I agree with you. The schools are hypocritical too. Absolutely. Case in point the Ivies which turn themselves into knots to curtail the number of deserving Asians admitted to their schools. Who sets the rules? That’s a good question. I don’t have the answer other than to say that the NCAA, theoretically, allows students with SAT scores of 400 out of 1600 to play DI sports. And yet they’ll nail a kid (and school) for getting a free Whopper and fries. It’s absurd. Who sets the rules? Time for someone else.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:37 AM, zigo230 said:

I mentioned Caleb Williams a few days ago...

Caleb Williams gets $1 million NIL offer to play at Eastern Michigan from ex-NFL QB Charlie Batch

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/mac/2022/01/06/caleb-williams-one-million-dollar-nil-offer-eastern-michigan/9124475002/

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 5:04 PM, BrooklynBull said:

So we cannot pool our money together and just offer it to the person, yet we can pool it together in an "investment firm" like Charlie Batch and offer it to them? Yeah... this whole NIL thing is going to be a mess.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, clodney said:

So we cannot pool our money together and just offer it to the person, yet we can pool it together in an "investment firm" like Charlie Batch and offer it to them? Yeah... this whole NIL thing is going to be a mess.

Yeah, wow! This isn't even a back office deal thru the uncle of a guy that knows the niece of a recruiter anymore. Just throw it right out on Instagram and Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

Statesboro. They got a Waffle House and the Allman Brothers sang about it. That's something.

Smothered and covered baby! I was in Atlanta a couple months ago with a Waffle House next door to my hotel, ate there every morning. Good times in Georgia!

2 hours ago, ub2019 said:

I am going to read between the lines here, but my guess/inference based on what others have written is that there were likely some difficult conversations that Coach Mo had with various players after the season...and some of them chose to leave (while other left because they thought they could get P5 offers).

But...Coach Mo and his staff has replaced those that left with different guys that may fit what he wants to do a little more...and we haven't really heard much about them until the last two weeks.  This (and, perhaps, the new RB coach) positively impacted McDuffie and he decided to return. 

Go Bulls!

27 minutes ago, UB92 said:

I am going to read between the lines here, but my guess/inference based on what others have written is that there were likely some difficult conversations that Coach Mo had with various players after the season...and some of them chose to leave (while other left because they thought they could get P5 offers).

But...Coach Mo and his staff has replaced those that left with different guys that may fit what he wants to do a little more...and we haven't really heard much about them until the last two weeks.  This (and, perhaps, the new RB coach) positively impacted McDuffie and he decided to return. 

Go Bulls!

This makes me happy. Hopefully with McDuffie, Cook and cycle in Washington and some other guys we will have a solid running attack along with our new potent WRs.