Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Vantrease/McDuffie both enter transfer portal

On 9/11/2022 at 10:25 AM, UBinMD said:

Looks like McDuffie is stuff down on the depth chart at GT. Got a few garbage runs by the looks, but was 5 for 8 yards earlier in the game.

McDuffie has not carried the ball or had a reception for the past 4 games (incl today). Does anyone know if he’s hurt? or just not being used?

4 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Grass isn’t always greener. 

Hurts when the HC gets fired and your position coach bails out on you after selling you on a great opportunity. Says he’s going for a MBA there, so I hope he gets that done while he’s there. Tough way to end your career when you were poised to be a 1,000+ yard rusher 

2 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Is McDuffie still on the roster.  I thought he got in some legal trouble and was booted from the team.

He is still on the official GT roster on their website. Something happen because he has been absent on the stat sheet for 3-4 weeks.

ESPN showed during the broadcast all the school records KVT has set this year during GASO’s relatively short D1 history, including that 578 yard performance a few weeks ago. Not bad for a game manager, eh? Another 300+ yard passing game last night, but alas, a second straight loss has them at 5-5 just like his old school. 

Edited by Bluebird96

7 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

KVT is one of the oddest transfer stories I’ve seen. Showed little skill set here with multiple coaches other than being a smart QB who controls the game and is relatively accurate with the short-mid passing game. Suddenly he’s throwing the ball all over the yard down there. 

I always thought it was interesting that the PFF analytics were always very high on him, yet the coaching staff failed to get much out of him last season.  He always passed the eye test, for me.  I think Coach Mo needs to take a long hard look at his offensive coaching staff this offseason.

2 hours ago, UBlearns said:

I always thought it was interesting that the PFF analytics were always very high on him, yet the coaching staff failed to get much out of him last season.  He always passed the eye test, for me.  I think Coach Mo needs to take a long hard look at his offensive coaching staff this offseason.

Lance and AK didn’t get much out of him either. Not just a Mo thing. 

I do think it's interesting that Vantrease's metrics at Georgia Southern this year are near the same as they were for UB last year, just with far more passing volume.  Snyder this year is performing slightly worse than Vantrease last year in most metrics, though he adds more on the ground and has a better TD/INT ratio, so it's roughly a wash.  UB is throwing the ball significantly more this year (which is fine) but has gotten essentially no increase in the quality of QB play.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 2:32 PM, UBlearns said:

I do think it's interesting that Vantrease's metrics at Georgia Southern this year are near the same as they were for UB last year, just with far more passing volume.  Snyder this year is performing slightly worse than Vantrease last year in most metrics, though he adds more on the ground and has a better TD/INT ratio, so it's roughly a wash.  UB is throwing the ball significantly more this year (which is fine) but has gotten essentially no increase in the quality of QB play.

KVT sitting at 3,900 yards and 25 TD on a whopping 558 pass attempts (46.5/game). Very similar metrics to last year at UB just much higher volume like you said, and overall has had a better year statistically than Snyder though they both wound up at 6-6 so not sure he would’ve been a difference maker had he stayed at UB.  Will be interesting to see what bowl Georgia Southern plays in, and very interesting if it winds up being vs UB as someone mentioned in another thread. Wish him well whoever they play.

• Like 1

Neither Mcduffie nor KVT mattered much IMO. KVT stats seem like volume. Although I liked him. He was what he was and still is what he is. 

Mcduffie can enjoy his 10 carries for 10 yards or whatever he did this year. Hopefully that got him into the top half of the NFL draft! Hopefully he got his degree at least. Players who pull that crap via the transfer portal get what they deserve IMO. 

Although good for KVT thats still a solid fun final year in a new place.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 10:57 PM, xDerekRx said:

Neither Mcduffie nor KVT mattered much IMO. KVT stats seem like volume. Although I liked him. He was what he was and still is what he is. 

Mcduffie can enjoy his 10 carries for 10 yards or whatever he did this year. Hopefully that got him into the top half of the NFL draft! Hopefully he got his degree at least. Players who pull that crap via the transfer portal get what they deserve IMO. 

Although good for KVT thats still a solid fun final year in a new place.

First both Kyle Vantrease and Dylan McDuffie will always be UB Bulls held in high regard. When you win back to back bowls games for Buffalo you are a champion for life no one can take that away in my sports thinking. I will keep it nice we can agree to disagree we see things different in sports which is fine we can part as friends. No worries we just see things totally different in sports in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

15 minutes ago, UB77 said:

Should/would UB welcome him back?

Yes he is a local kid who won bowl championships at UB of course that bum Maurice Linquist should welcome Dylan McDuffie back if Maurice Linquist is still the UB Bulls coach next season? Maurice Linquist doesn’t want to be here UB alums need to wake up he lobbied hard for the Cincinnati Bearcats job. I would fire Maurice Linquist if he doesn’t win the Camellia Bowl December 27 Happy Holidays your fired if you don’t win December 27 ho! ho! ho! from BSF in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

43 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I’d find it difficult to give an employee a bonus (make a bowl) and fire them (losing that game) in the same day.  Tough love, I guess

To make a bowl game is season 2 in this climate and the shit show he was handed with the late change is pretty good. Has our team underperformed? Absolutely. Have the coaches made questionable decisions? Without a doubt. Still a solid year 2 accomplishment.

• Like 5