Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Vantrease/McDuffie both enter transfer portal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Getting out played in the first 2 practices? This is absolute insanity? We have a couple new recruits coming in. Did Washington take a major leap forward? Is Jackson Paradis a major stud out of the gates? Maybe someone hurt his feelings along the way

Doesn't take much these days.

We have a bunch of backs, Ron is incredible as well. That’s what I’m guessing 

2 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Just a ridiculous scenario, but whatever. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. He graduated so kudos to him on that end, can never take away the degree.

20 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

After he became the feature back he ran for over 5 yards per carry exactly one time, and zero times in the last 5 games. I'm sure we can find a replacement that will be at least comparable with the volume of carries he was getting. He wasn't Jaret Patterson, RBs around his skill level are all over the place.

Edited by UB2014
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UB2014 said:

After he became the feature back he ran for over 5 yards per carry exactly one time, and zero times in the last 5 games. I'm sure we can find a replacement that will be at least comparable with the volume of carries he was getting. He wasn't Jaret Patterson, RBs around his skill level are all over the place.

Next Bull up!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UB2014 said:

Rough news. And the timing won't help the "transfer portal" make any new friends around here.

I agree that like in the NFL, it's not difficult to find replacement level running backs. Even more so in college, their production is largely dependent on line play and scheme.

I do think McDuffie showed a bit better to the eye than those stats let on though. Defenses really keyed on our run thanks to our anemic passing game, but a number of great individual plays still come to mind. I was looking forward to the duo of him and Cook in a more balanced and better prepared offense. To me it's a substantial loss but not one that can't be overcome.

So I talked with two of the players on the team about the Mcduffie transfer. Unfortunately they do not have a reason, they’re just as surprised as us. With Aapri, it was due to him being back in the depth chart. However one of my sources stated that Mo was extremely tough on him during the off-season, hoping he would step up into a leadership role. He said that Mcduffie seemed cool with it. Unfortunately and possibly, Mo might have set him off

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

So I talked with two of the players on the team about the Mcduffie transfer. Unfortunately they do not have a reason, they’re just as surprised as us. With Aapri, it was due to him being back in the depth chart. However one of my sources stated that Mo was extremely tough on him during the off-season, hoping he would step up into a leadership role. He said that Mcduffie seemed cool with it. Unfortunately and possibly, Mo might have set him off

Thanks for the info. Seems like he would want to embrace the leadership role. So if he doesn’t want that is it a portal prima Donna thing? Looking for someone to kiss his ass instead of make him better? Look at the Patterson brothers, weren’t they both Captains sophomore year? Hopefully Cook, Washington and Henderson can bring the goods. Also we have a pretty nice WR Corp so hopefully our offensive will be more balanced.

Our secondary was tragic. Unless Mo saw some major improvements or commitments, he is likely going to run with his new guys. For RB, you can never have enough so he may still be holding out hope DM grows a pair and wants to be a leader and feature back and stays. I would think the teammates would need to see something to convince then to fight with him after baling on them twice in 4 months 

Something to get excited about I guess, assuming you just want a change of scenery:

image.thumb.png.8945d43d0025717404f915d9d8bfee12.png

they were 12-2, last year. Won the C-USA Championship, lost the Frisco Bowl. They have 7 RB currently on the roster. Maybe he’s better than all 7. Best of luck if that’s where he ends up.

Edited by UBinMD

On 4/2/2022 at 8:44 PM, UBinMD said:

Something to get excited about I guess, assuming you just want a change of scenery:

image.thumb.png.8945d43d0025717404f915d9d8bfee12.png

they were 12-2, last year. Won the C-USA Championship, lost the Frisco Bowl. They have 7 RB currently on the roster. Maybe he’s better than all 7. Best of luck if that’s where he ends up.

He now has Virginia and Oklahoma St. Offers apparently. Maybe he will get what he wants.

Last and final comment!!! When my son put his name in the Portal the 1st time he had over 20 offers including all but 2 power 5 program's… It’s was a very difficult(Extremely)decision and the two major factors pulling out was MO plus Buffalo isn’t just a program it’s HOME! However his DREAM is top level and playing in mid-major especially after watching what happened with (Koback) Toledo RB—- No invite to combine despite getting MVP in HULA BOWL( 4.39/40 and 38.9 vert. better than every RB but 2) made him rethink…It’s funny to me that ppl. think it’s okay for a coach to do what’s in his best interest but when a player does it a problem…. Primi Madonna GTFOH ask any of his teammates…having a chance to play for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP is every high school player’s dream!!!! IF SOMEONE WALKED IN MO’S OFFICE WITH A OFFER TO BE THE HEAD COACH MICHIGAN HE WOULD BE GONE IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!! By the way he also have 8 more… ACC SEC BIG TEN AND  Pac 10 that not listed…. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UBbulls8 said:

Last and final comment!!! When my son put his name in the Portal the 1st time he had over 20 offers including all but 2 power 5 program's… It’s was a very difficult(Extremely)decision and the two major factors pulling out was MO plus Buffalo isn’t just a program it’s HOME! However his DREAM is top level and playing in mid-major especially after watching what happened with (Koback) Toledo RB—- No invite to combine despite getting MVP in HULA BOWL( 4.39/40 and 38.9 vert. better than every RB but 2) made him rethink…It’s funny to me that ppl. think it’s okay for a coach to do what’s in his best interest but when a player does it a problem…. Primi Madonna GTFOH ask any of his teammates…having a chance to play for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP is every high school player’s dream!!!! IF SOMEONE WALKED IN MO’S OFFICE WITH A OFFER TO BE THE HEAD COACH MICHIGAN HE WOULD BE GONE IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!! By the way he also have 8 more… ACC SEC BIG TEN AND  Pac 10 that not listed…. 

Wish the best for your son. He seems like a great kid and deserves to play at that higher level. It’s true it’s been hard for some MAC players to get the same respect as those power 5 schools. If his dream is to play in the NFL (which I think he’s definitely capable of) then by all means go and chase it. Hope he lands in the right fit and gets closer to that dream!