Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

By the Numbers

Sportsfan

Total FBS Scholarships Available = 11,050 (130*85)

Number of FBS starting positions =3,250 (25 *130)- includes 1 LS, 1 Kicker, 1 Punter

# of FBS Scholarship players currently in Transfer portal = 925

Probability of getting a FBS offer = 25%-30%

Number of active players in NFL = 1,696

The teams the portal really helps are the top programs, as they no longer will have a rebuilding year, as they can plug in a free agent into any roster hole they may have in any particular year.

The rest of the schools are playing merry-go-round with 2 and 3 star recruits.  

Most of the coaches will figure how to best manage the player movements (like the NFL).

• Like 1

Cool stats. Insane the quantity of (student) athletes in the wonderful portal. 

In the old days (yep, I guess I'm old now), if you weren't getting the desired amount of playing time, you worked harder and had a drive to move up the ladder. Once you got there, you were proud of your accomplishment and executed for that school. Now, that first player whines and blames the staff for their lack of playing time and goes "portal" or the 2nd player pumps his chest up and says their too good for that school that gave them their original opportunity. Great system.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Cool stats. Insane the quantity of (student) athletes in the wonderful portal. 

In the old days (yep, I guess I'm old now), if you weren't getting the desired amount of playing time, you worked harder and had a drive to move up the ladder. Once you got there, you were proud of your accomplishment and executed for that school. Now, that first player whines and blames the staff for their lack of playing time and goes "portal" or the 2nd player pumps his chest up and says their too good for that school that gave them their original opportunity. Great system.

Fits right in with the how the world has changed from working hard to accomplishing something to getting something for nothing. It worked for Rome, right?

• Like 2