Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Geordon Porter (WR via ASU)

Jeseph

38 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

This is not new.  Verbal commits changing their mind is nothing new.  Nothing is real until they sign the NLI.

I’m not questioning the newness. I’m question why people bother making a commitment? Is it just for twitter and Instagram likes? I don’t understand the reason 

16 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I’m not questioning the newness. I’m question why people bother making a commitment? Is it just for twitter and Instagram likes? I don’t understand the reason 

It's the "look at me" times. Everyone loves to showcase themselves in any way possible. "Final 10", then "Final 5", committed,  re-opening commitment,  new final 5. Maybe 1% of these guys in the portal and many of the seniors/Jucos actually look at the schools. It's only aboit the sport, and if everything isn't perfect, they'll just leave the next year. If it's too perfect,  then they'll be "too good" for the school and leave as well. It's quickly becoming big news if a guy stays 4-5 years to completion. 5 years from now, those guys will be the unicorns if the current system still is the same.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:11 PM, skrabukes said:

It's the "look at me" times. Everyone loves to showcase themselves in any way possible. "Final 10", then "Final 5", committed,  re-opening commitment,  new final 5. Maybe 1% of these guys in the portal and many of the seniors/Jucos actually look at the schools. It's only aboit the sport, and if everything isn't perfect, they'll just leave the next year. If it's too perfect,  then they'll be "too good" for the school and leave as well. It's quickly becoming big news if a guy stays 4-5 years to completion. 5 years from now, those guys will be the unicorns if the current system still is the same.

Sometimes it could be other reasons, but you are spot on in many cases. Who knows what’s going on in Porters life outside of football, maybe something is going on at home and he decided not to transfer to a school far away. Or he could just be looking for a spot where he will be WR1, his decommit came right after Marshall’s commitment. Anyway the staff seems to be recruiting really well out of the portal, we’ll just have to see who’s here during spring ball

• 2 weeks later...