Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB @ Ball State 6pm

12 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

This is now 3 games against “Mac West” teams postponed. 3 games that are supposed to be locks. Becomes highly unlikely that all 3 of any get made up. Just frustrating bc it’s another home, games that should be wins and a chance to keep momentum going. Ugh.

Meanwhile the MAC was moving games up that we had to play without Mballa/Fagan/Whitesell.  I understand why but they made it so it's a competitive disadvantage to prevent a team-wide outbreak

On 1/16/2022 at 5:18 PM, DocCas86 said:

I gathered that....was just not understanding how that alienates anyone.

Some people don't post on this site anymore because, during the past year or more, any sort of negativity towards JW was defended by multiple posters very aggressively.  That's alienating a fanbase.

This practice has calmed down a bit (I believe) over the past few months for a few reasons:  (1) It has been called out by me and a few others on this site and (2) the team is underperforming.  

However, there are a few individuals who (I guess) can't help themselves since, after a few wins, they are back at it.

In this thread alone:

• "Also love to see the national coaching search has been called off for the moment!"
  • "The people reveling in the negativity have to slink away and wait for another day!"

Why can't we all just get along...

Perhaps this is just a microcosm of our world at the moment and how people interact with each other.  Maybe I am just of a different generation.

Edited by UB92
add content

1 hour ago, UB92 said:

Some people don't post on this site anymore because, during the past year or more, any sort of negativity towards JW was defended by multiple posters very aggressively.  That's alienating a fanbase.

This practice has calmed down a bit (I believe) over the past few months for a few reasons:  (1) It has been called out by me and a few others on this site and (2) the team is underperforming.  

However, there are a few individuals who (I guess) can't help themselves since, after a few wins, they are back at it.

In this thread alone:

• "Also love to see the national coaching search has been called off for the moment!"
  • "The people reveling in the negativity have to slink away and wait for another day!"

Why can't we all just get along...

Perhaps this is just a microcosm of our world at the moment and how people interact with each other.  Maybe I am just of a different generation.

I suspect we have all been guilty of posting something that might rub others the wrong way at one time or another.   I am sure there are examples of similar comments made by those who have opposing perspective to the comments you cite.   If you push me, I am sure I could provide examples.   I just shrug them off at the time, and move on - this is why I would need to research to find them - not that they don't exist.   I give the posters of the above comments the same right to make their comments as I do anyone else on this board, but that is just me.

• Thanks 3

On 1/18/2022 at 4:42 PM, DocCas86 said:

I suspect we have all been guilty of posting something that might rub others the wrong way at one time or another.   I am sure there are examples of similar comments made by those who have opposing perspective to the comments you cite.   If you push me, I am sure I could provide examples.   I just shrug them off at the time, and move on - this is why I would need to research to find them - not that they don't exist.   I give the posters of the above comments the same right to make their comments as I do anyone else on this board, but that is just me.

I understand. 

But it isn't about a "right" to post things.   I want to have the discussion without having people check out.

I guess I am sensitive to those things that drive away fans from our team because I can remember when we had, for all intents and purposes, a handful of fans.    That's all.

14 hours ago, UB92 said:

I understand. 

But it isn't about a "right" to post things.   I want to have the discussion without having people check out.

I guess I am sensitive to those things that drive away fans from our team because I can remember when we had, for all intents and purposes, a handful of fans.    That's all.

I guess the 'right' part wasn't exactly my point.  I am not saying that posters have a right to say anything.  However, I am ok with the examples you cited.  I am perfectly fine with some slight sarcastic humor to emphasize a point that both sides have used in the past.   Even if I disagree with the point...I may chuckle and say good one.   I may be wrong but I don't see a mass exodus of people for something like that.  Hang in there...and know that I mean no disrespect to you or others with any comments I have made or will make.

P.S. My apologies for one more post on this, I promise will be my last for now. 😉

Edited by DocCas86

I AM one of those people who doesn't participate in UBFan forums nearly as much anymore, because it got miserable too often.  I appreciate the posters on here who can see the good AND the bad.  People had every right to be pissed after that Canisius game, I just hope the same people found some joy in that BG game.

Edited by enrique14150
  • Like 1

I'm not ready to say this team has definitively turned a corner - but it does feel like things are starting to gel, some additional guys are stepping up, and it gives us some hopeful anticipation going forward.  (3 MAC wins in a row will do that!)  We'll see if they can keep doing the good things they're doing, and don't slink back into bad habits (defensive intensity, shooting percentage from the field and the line, focus down the stretch) from before.  These guys hit their stride in MAC play last season, maybe they can do it again.  Another big test tomorrow night.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, enrique14150 said:

I'm not ready to say this team has definitively turned a corner - but it does feel like things are starting to gel, some additional guys are stepping up, and it gives us some hopeful anticipation going forward.  (3 MAC wins in a row will do that!)  We'll see if they can keep doing the good things they're doing, and don't slink back into bad habits (defensive intensity, shooting percentage from the field and the line, focus down the stretch) from before.  These guys hit their stride in MAC play last season, maybe they can do it again.  Another big test tomorrow night.

Let's hope the wins continue best way to keep everyone happy.

Enrique, I for one am a person that misses your posts.  It's obvious that you know the game, and your insight is much appreciated.  I can't stand the constant negativity from some, no matter how the team is doing.  There are just some people that, if you handed them a million bucks, would find a way to piss and moan about how you handed that to them.  I also understand reality, and get why people get pissed off when the team is underperforming, as they most certainly had been through the first half of the season.  Here's my approach, if the glass is half empty/half full, I look at it as, I already drank the first half, and am looking forward to emptying the glass so that it can be refilled.  Rinse and repeat.  

Edited by ChubbyHubby
  • Like 2