Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Women vs. Akron

37 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Game tonight at 7:00.  In addition to the radio streams and ESPN3, it will be available on the ESPN College Sports Extra package on DIrectv, Channel 790 or 791.

Let's hope they can keep winning. This is a tough turnaround game in 2 days.

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Let's hope they can keep winning. This is a tough turnaround game in 2 days.

Do agree, This will be another tough game for us as Akron has almost their entire team back. They are ranked high in defensive efficiency and not fouling a ton. They are big down low and shoot the 3’s decent. Really looking forward to this game and hope fans show up to show their support. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

UB had a decided athleticism advantage which they exploited well in addition to Adeyeye and Christie dominating the glass. Rebounding has been a weak point for the Bulls but they showed great fundamentals and drive on the glass tonight. If Ade and Christie can play close to this level consistently, the women should run through MAC play, even without much of a bench, as no team can match our guard play.

1 hour ago, TML1000 said:

UB had a decided athleticism advantage which they exploited well in addition to Adeyeye and Christie dominating the glass. Rebounding has been a weak point for the Bulls but they showed great fundamentals and drive on the glass tonight. If Ade and Christie can play close to this level consistently, the women should run through MAC play, even without much of a bench, as no team can match our guard play.

You can also see Woolley gain confidence with each game. It’s obvious she can take over and score at Will for stretches just like Fair. You get two players like that, with a vet like Hemphill, Christie and Ade cleaning the glass with Camp distributing. Very dangerous team that should minimize scoring droughts.

It is still relatively early in the season and not enough games yet - but I was playing around with this heatmap comparing margin by opponent, home vs away  for top 5 teams (per Massey rankings)

image.thumb.png.90b3ec5c73cddc77c04072688fb03f3f.png

To date MAC looking mostly like a two team race between Buffalo and Toledo.  Kent would be in better shape, but suffered a couple of home losses, and several close road losses as well.

7 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

It is still relatively early in the season and not enough games yet - but I was playing around with this heatmap comparing margin by opponent, home vs away  for top 5 teams (per Massey rankings)

image.thumb.png.90b3ec5c73cddc77c04072688fb03f3f.png

To date MAC looking mostly like a two team race between Buffalo and Toledo.  Kent would be in better shape, but suffered a couple of home losses, and several close road losses as well.

The women have a tough stretch coming up. they play a game every 2-3 days for the next five. If they can survive that, could be a very special team!

37 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

My one concern is the lack of a bench. Only one player got minutes off the bench. I’m afraid burnout might occur. Something to monitor. Big game against Toledo Saturday. 

The concern is definitely there for sure. Last night’s game was a tremendous defensive game for the entire team. They played almost exclusively a zone defense that was very active resulting in 8 blocks and 9 steals and they had a great rebounding game especially by Adeyeye and Christie. Camp had a good game as the point guard and Woolley continues to improve especially with her drives to the basket. Hemphill did not have a good shooting game but was great on the defensive end. Fair hurt her shoulder on the first offensive set and seemed to be favoring it during the game. Her outside shooting was off and the majority of her points were on her drives to the basket. Can only hope it is a minor injury. UB’s ball movement on the offensive side was very good with all players involved. There were very few fouls called the entire game by this group of officials and I don’t recall seeing these officials for our games. What a joy to watch a game with decent flow and not being influenced by officials. Two tough away games coming up against Toledo and Ohio should be another test for this team and should be exciting. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

My one concern is the lack of a bench. Only one player got minutes off the bench. I’m afraid burnout might occur. 

Where is the bench? You'd think they'd play a few minutes give the schedule over the next 2 weeks especially near the end of the game yesterday.

So far this year, only 10 have got minutes and that includes McEvans and Young. Leaving only 8.

What is the status on the others:

• Jazmine Young (Senior): Left the Team
  • Cheyenne McEvans (Sophomore): Injured?
  • Nia Jordan (Junior): Played less than a minute, 56 minutes so far this year.
  • Casey Valenti-Paea (Sophomore): No minutes yet this year
  • Laney Bone (Freshman): No minutes yet this year
  • Saniaa Wilson (Freshman): No minutes yet this year
  • Ramatoulay Keita (Redshirt Sophomore): No minutes and 48 minutes so far this year.
  • Kaelonn Wilson (Freshman): No minutes yet this year
  • Elea Gaba (Junior): Injured? No Minutes this year

Also, any update on Young or McEvans? What is McEvans' injury?

Edited by bullsbball

3 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Think Peck said we were like 56-0 when that happens? Not sure if I got that number right, but it’s a huge number and it’s crazy!

Yeah, that's the same record mentioned at the end of the game summary.  It sure is crazy.

https://ubbulls.com/news/2022/1/19/womens-basketball-bulls-win-fifth-straight-dominate-akron-76-59-on-wednesday.aspx

3 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

It appeared to be her ankle, but I can't say how severe it is.

Almost two months ago, I heard she was recovering from hip surgery.

Thanks for some of the updates. I thought McEvans was an ankle but at the Akron game had a brace on her entire leg. It is a concern with only Camp and Fair the only guards with ball handling ability in the backcourt. The coaching decisions going forward will be critical but have faith in this coaching staff. Go Bulls!!