Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent State 1-21-22

26 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

7.5 point favorite at the moment 

Need to continue momentum with another W and protect home court.  Kent plays at a slower pace and seemingly relies on defense. They gave Toledo their only loss in MAC play and were within 2 points of Ohio with 3 minutes to play, so they cannot be taken lightly.

45 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Need to continue momentum with another W and protect home court.  Kent plays at a slower pace and seemingly relies on defense. They gave Toledo their only loss in MAC play and were within 2 points of Ohio with 3 minutes to play, so they cannot be taken lightly.

Kent as always plays that bully brand style of ball. As you said slow paced. So it’s imperative we establish our style of play. And no this isn’t a team to be taken lightly. They are right there in the middle of the pack with us in the standings. This starts a tough stretch of big boy games for us. Games that will have impact on seeding. Games that if not won, we might see Ohio and Toledo run away with the top two seeds. 

Hopefully we don’t come out sluggish or rusty. And hopefully the fan support is there. Friday night and I think students are back…no excuses.

Ah yes, Kant State my favorite visitor each season. Tempted to think they muck it up and keep it within 7.5, but our talent should win out. Like a number of games this season, I imagine there will be a moment with about 10 to go when we're up 8 and we can bury them for a 20 point win or let them hang. Hope to see that killer instinct start to develop. 

12 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Watched kent st vs Toledo. They are very physical 

Its a very stereotypical Kent team

Will be interesting how the officiating deals with it. It's been all over the map so far this year. We are at home, which should help, but there have been some games that have been called very tightly. We also need to keep our composure and not get T's if the guys feel wronged. I hope it's a nice win tonight.

24 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Will be interesting how the officiating deals with it. It's been all over the map so far this year. We are at home, which should help, but there have been some games that have been called very tightly. We also need to keep our composure and not get T's if the guys feel wronged. I hope it's a nice win tonight.

Section 114 reporting for duty and ready to ride the officials until they get it right. 😂

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Erie County said:

241st offense and have no tempo.

The Bulls should run them out of the gym, this is a bad version of the normal Kent team. 

Though, we've been known to lose to Canisius, Miami, and SFA

That was the old Bulls. These new Bulls are going to take care of business!!🤘🏼🤘🏼

13 minutes ago, Erie County said:

241st offense and have no tempo.

The Bulls should run them out of the gym, this is a bad version of the normal Kent team. 

Though, we've been known to lose to Canisius, Miami, and SFA

Kent has been plagued with inconsistency, not unlike UB so far.  They lost at home to CMU by 3 and NIU by 2.  However, they beat Toledo by 3 at home and were within 2 points of Ohio with 3 minutes left before falling by 8 on the road.  They lost by 13-14 points on road against Xavier and WVU.  A double digit win would be nice, but my expectation is more like 5-10 points, similar to Ohio performance.