Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent State 1-21-22

6 minutes ago, squire17 said:

There’s no doubt Whitesell must go. First of all he’s a lousy coach. Second of all he costing UB a King’s ransom. Alnutt’s got to tighten the belt. Get a young maverick to get the Bulls back to respectability.

A king's ransom? Last time I checked his salary was about average in the MAC. Not saying he should be the coach next year though.

3 minutes ago, SGBull said:

A king's ransom? Last time I checked his salary was about average in the MAC. Not saying he should be the coach next year though.

Whitesell’s base salary this year is $300k. I think you could get a kid just out of school who would gladly coach the Bulls for a third of that. That would lower the tuition a couple of bucks, at least. 

10 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Whitesell’s base salary this year is $300k. I think you could get a kid just out of school who would gladly coach the Bulls for a third of that. That would lower the tuition a couple of bucks, at least. 

Yeah that isn't a lot for a MAC coach. Oats was making like 850k, which he obviously deserved. But let's not exaggerate here.

5 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Forget his salary. We are playing like crap offensively once again. Can anyone hit a wide open three??

You can’t pay a man $300k for inferior work and results. It’s time to either pony up to the MAC average of $700k, or just bite the bullet and hope that $300 (or less) will tide you over.

2 minutes ago, squire17 said:

You can’t pay a man $300k for inferior work and results. It’s time to either pony up to the MAC average of $700k, or just bite the bullet and hope that $300 (or less) will tide you over.

I'm not sure where you're getting that $700k number?  From what I'm seeing, John Groce's salary of $650k is believed to be the highest in the MAC.  Boals is at $581k.  Whitesell $361k.