Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent State 1-21-22

Just now, Tee4three said:

Not a fan of the dunk

Kent already conceded tye game by not fouling. Let the clock run out

If Kent was fouling - by all means throw it down, hang on the rim etc 

Agree, I’m sure senderoff will use that as poster board material when we go to Kent to play on their court. 

What the heck is up with Mballa? He was at the 3 point line all game - on offense and defense. Yo man, there’s a reason they leave you all by yourself. STOP SHOOTING! Also, he had several easy layup/potential dunks and he chose to pass it back outside.  Head scratcher.  

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Like the win, and at the outset I was thinking 10+ point win would be good game, but this was not a good game.  Have to step it up big time on Tuesday at Toledo, or it will be a long night.

My guess is the team will play well on Tuesday at Toledo. This team plays a lot better away from home and I can’t blame them. 

Just look at this board…we won by double figures and everyone complains. Nobody cheers at all during the game except when the Shout song comes on. We might have the worst Home atmosphere in the entire league. It is really sad

• Like 1

Just got up after being at a game, where UB led the whole way and wins by 13, yet nearly every post in this thread has a negative tone. Really? I guess even double digit wins aren't good enough anymore against what has been considered a "rival" for years. We must have perfection evidently. Sorry that it wasn't. Spoiler...next game won't be perfect either, nor will any following it. 

I, for one, enjoyed my time at the game tonight, and thoroughly enjoyed the win over Kent. Tough week ahead. At least a split would be good. Winning both would be very big.

Edited by skrabukes
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

What the heck is up with Mballa? He was at the 3 point line all game - on offense and defense. Yo man, there’s a reason they leave you all by yourself. STOP SHOOTING! Also, he had several easy layup/potential dunks and he chose to pass it back outside.  Head scratcher.  

He had covid and is still recovering. They touched on it in the post game broadcast.

6 hours ago, BullBoy said:

My guess is the team will play well on Tuesday at Toledo. This team plays a lot better away from home and I can’t blame them. 

Just look at this board…we won by double figures and everyone complains. Nobody cheers at all during the game except when the Shout song comes on. We might have the worst Home atmosphere in the entire league. It is really sad

The students will be back in Feb and then the atmosphere will be good

37 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Just got up after being at a game, where UB led the whole way and wins by 13, yet nearly every post in this thread has a negative tone. Really? I guess even double digit wins aren't good enough anymore against what has been considered a "rival" for years. We must have perfection evidently. Sorry that it wasn't. Spoiler...next game won't be perfect either, nor will any following it. 

I, for one, enjoyed my time at the game tonight, and thoroughly enjoyed the win over Kent. Tough week ahead. At least a split would be good. Winning both would be very big.

This board is unreadable.  Spent 5 years away.  My dumbass will probably give it another chance in 5 years.  I’m sure I’ll feel stupid then too.  Enjoy your miserable lives and if you could make it a private board so recruits didn’t have to see this, it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, yussi1870 said:

He had covid and is still recovering. They touched on it in the post game broadcast.

Having covid has nothing to do with it. I don’t know why he fancies himself a guard. He jacked up 4 threes bc Kent was leaving him wide open out there, for good reason. He also had some easy scoring opportunities after he established himself down low but instead passed out of them. 

He’s a big part of our team and I totally understand if he was sick/recovering. But his decision making this year seems to have regressed for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

My reaction after the game, was I liked the outcome, a win.  Keep em coming.

Defensively, you have to give some kudos to the Bulls.  In fact, in first half I was very happy with active hands leading to steals.  Kent has not been good offensively this year, but this was Kent's second worst performance this season.  Some credit should go to the Bulls.

Offensively, the performance was not what is needed to win MAC or the best this team can do.  Give some credit to Kent.  However, relative to other teams, our performance was about average against Kent.  In my mind they need to sort out how to share the ball and get players in roles they can be successful, live up to the collective individual talent.  Accomplish this and you have something.  

As for the comments, I don't begrudge people their opinion or right to post. However, I would definitely prefer more positive comments and feel that is warranted.   I know no one will care, but I do avoid the board for several days when we lose, as I have better things to do with my time than read 12 pages about how bad we are.

Let's see what they do in next two games.

• Like 1

It was a GREAT defensive performance but an UGLY offensive performance.

I credit UB for finding a way to win fairly comfortably despite not having their typical offensive output.

Jeenathan Williams had himself a night and the Bulls defensive intensity was a nice thing to see.

That said, they’re desperately lacking quality shooters and going 7-30 (23%) from deep is concerning.

Williams shot 4-4 from behind the arc. The rest of UB: 3-26 (11.5%)

This is not your typical Kent State team. They’re still capable of pulling off an upset or two but are not a MAC contender. UB will need to improve their situational basketball if they want to make a run in Cleveland.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 1