Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ball State/UB women tonight

John

I think the game is still on tonight. Ball State won their last game but their game recap said some players were missing because of covid/health protocol. There top scorer was one of the missing players. Hope for a turnaround game from Fair tonight as the last two games she struggled mightily. Have not heard anything more about the Adeyeye injury?? Go Bulls!!!

9 minutes ago, John said:

I think the game is still on tonight. Ball State won their last game but their game recap said some players were missing because of covid/health protocol. There top scorer was one of the missing players. Hope for a turnaround game from Fair tonight as the last two games she struggled mightily. Have not heard anything more about the Adeyeye injury?? Go Bulls!!!

We need a bounce back game. In all honesty if they a missing some players that would kinda level the playing field given our lack of depth

7 hours ago, John said:

Ade on crutches and a big knee brace. Not good.

• Sad 2

Let me state the obvious.  No energy especially for the first 3 quarters. I'm not a big zone fan but I understand the need to go to it to save energy.  But, they just couldn't get out to defend the 3-point shot.  Gave up 10 3 point shots to Ball State. And only made 4 themselves.

Fair also started out slow with her shooting but ended up 7 of 20 from the field. Field scoring for her by quarters:

1st Quarter: 1-4,
2nd Quarter: 1-3,
3rd Quarter: 2-6 and
4th Quarter: 3-7.

Only 1 of 4 from three point range. Early on, she was too long on most shots.  Too much adrenaline. Like previous years, she tries to do too much when she thinks she needs to carry the team. She does much better on fast-break layups but she missed a few of them too. She also seemed to have a noticeable limp at the end of the game after a hard fall. 

Went with the usual 5 starters (Woolley, Fair, Christie, Hemphill, Camp). Each had over 37 minutes of game time but Keita got 9 minutes mostly in the first half.  I'm still having troubles understand while they aren't going to the bench (e.g.  Jordan,  Valenti-Paea and more Keita).

Great Free Throw shooting. 16 of 17.

Woolley and Chistie had a great night shooting.

That 60 foot shot by Ball State for 3 points at the end of the half was a killer for UB. Did they give her the $100 Delta Sonic gift card?

Why was Coach Jack mopping the floor during one of the media timeouts. Being funny or just unhappy with the hired help?

UB didn't get the breaks on the foul calls. Ball State was running into UB players (also over the back) all game and never were called.

Edited by bullsbball

10 hours ago, bullsbball said:

Let me state the obvious.  No energy especially for the first 3 quarters. I'm not a big zone fan but I understand the need to go to it to save energy.  But, they just couldn't get out to defend the 3-point shot.  Gave up 10 3 point shots to Ball State. And only made 4 themselves.

Fair also started out slow with her shooting but ended up 7 of 20 from the field. Field scoring for her by quarters:

1st Quarter: 1-4,
2nd Quarter: 1-3,
3rd Quarter: 2-6 and
4th Quarter: 3-7.

Only 1 of 4 from three point range. Early on, she was too long on most shots.  Too much adrenaline. Like previous years, she tries to do too much when she thinks she needs to carry the team. She does much better on fast-break layups but she missed a few of them too. She also seemed to have a noticeable limp at the end of the game after a hard fall. 

Went with the usual 5 starters (Woolley, Fair, Christie, Hemphill, Camp). Each had over 37 minutes of game time but Keita got 9 minutes mostly in the first half.  I'm still having troubles understand while they aren't going to the bench (e.g.  Jordan,  Valenti-Paea and more Keita).

Great Free Throw shooting. 16 of 17.

Woolley and Chistie had a great night shooting.

That 60 foot shot by Ball State for 3 points at the end of the half was a killer for UB. Did they give her the $100 Delta Sonic gift card?

Why was Coach Jack mopping the floor during one of the media timeouts. Being funny or just unhappy with the hired help?

UB didn't get the breaks on the foul calls. Ball State was running into UB players (also over the back) all game and never were called.

They only suited up 8. VP wasn't dressed. Wilson, who hasn't dressed all year was on the bench suited up for this game, but her and Jordan didn't see the floor. The other 5 are definitely stronger than the 3 on the bench ( although Wilson could be strong down the line, however hasn't played yet). 

The mop guy, like most doing that job each night at UB, seem very disinterested.  When you watch games in other arenas, the towel/mop people run out there and clean the floor, but not here. The players and coaches asked for that area to be wiped and he casually sauntered out there and did a half ass job, so coach showed him how to do it with passion and properly.  That's all we'd need is anothet injury due to a sweaty floor!

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

They only suited up 8. VP wasn't dressed. Wilson, who hasn't dressed all year was on the bench suited up for this game, but her and Jordan didn't see the floor. The other 5 are definitely stronger than the 3 on the bench ( although Wilson could be strong down the line, however hasn't played yet). 

The mop guy, like most doing that job each night at UB, seem very disinterested.  When you watch games in other arenas, the towel/mop people run out there and clean the floor, but not here. The players and coaches asked for that area to be wiped and he casually sauntered out there and did a half ass job, so coach showed him how to do it with passion and properly.  That's all we'd need is anothet injury due to a sweaty floor!

Another rough game against a Ball State team with good size down low and our short bench with no help from any reserves. Fair still looks like she is in the same funk she has been in the last few games. With the loss of both McEvans and Adeyeye we have lost our rebounding strength and we will continue to lose the rebounding battle especially in critical junctures of a game. Some of our weaknesses are shown up big time now. Camp has shown no ability to shoot or even want to shoot which now puts more pressure on Fair, Woolley and Hemphill. Christie is very weak in the low post and is weak defensively. The only players off the bench are Keita and Jordan and with so few minutes all season show no ability to get into any flow on both ends of the floor. This coaching staff of course had no control over injuries and covid and they have failed to get any other player ready to play in games. Ball State di for the most part control the game and won the rebounding battle and the 3 point line battle. Again we were bad from the 3 point line and Hemphill has to be more involved in the offense. The Ball State coach’s strategy seemed to pay off as he was on the officials thru the entire game and resulted in may missed calls especially in the 4th quarter. The remaining games look like a struggle in all phases of the game and will see how both the coaches and players respond to one real adversity. Go Bulls!!!

21 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Ade on crutches and a big knee brace. Not good.

We are in big trouble with the roster being depleted with injuries and players leaving. Wishful thinking on the roster next year and if Jack will still be here. How about the local standout DeBerry on the UCONN team?? With some of their players back from injury I doubt whether she will get any playing time at all. What a waste of a great talented player who could of gotten major minutes here at UB of for that matter any mid-major team. Who sold her the goods on UCONN and what she was told about playing time I guess we will never know.  Transfer portal or bust!! Go Bulls!!!

9 minutes ago, John said:

We are in big trouble with the roster being depleted with injuries and players leaving. Wishful thinking on the roster next year and if Jack will still be here. How about the local standout DeBerry on the UCONN team?? With some of their players back from injury I doubt whether she will get any playing time at all. What a waste of a great talented player who could of gotten major minutes here at UB of for that matter any mid-major team. Who sold her the goods on UCONN and what she was told about playing time I guess we will never know.  Transfer portal or bust!! Go Bulls!!!

Another local player that went away for college is Kyra Wood. Could be another good addition down the line. 

1 hour ago, ub2019 said:

Another local player that went away for college is Kyra Wood. Could be another good addition down the line. 

Good information!! Sort of forgot about her. Great player at City Honors at 6’3’ and scored over 2,000 points. She is averaging about 8 minutes a game and 2 points per game. Not sure of her status but Temple has about 9 freshmen on the team and about 5 who will be graduating. Boy, she would of been another local kid who could of been in the Summer Hemphill mold. Too bad Summer could not of got local kids to stay local. It does seem like we have more local kids over the last few years who have the potential to play D-1 ball. If, If, If Jack would stay it could be interesting to see who she could recruit?? Go Bulls!!!

15 minutes ago, John said:

Good information!! Sort of forgot about her. Great player at City Honors at 6’3’ and scored over 2,000 points. She is averaging about 8 minutes a game and 2 points per game. Not sure of her status but Temple has about 9 freshmen on the team and about 5 who will be graduating. Boy, she would of been another local kid who could of been in the Summer Hemphill mold. Too bad Summer could not of got local kids to stay local. It does seem like we have more local kids over the last few years who have the potential to play D-1 ball. If, If, If Jack would stay it could be interesting to see who she could recruit?? Go Bulls!!!

I could see Hemphill as an assistant coach with Jack next year. Hopefully it's at UB.

21 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I could see Hemphill as an assistant coach with Jack next year. Hopefully it's at UB.

With Syracuse having a tough year only like 8-9 and 1-6 in conference unless there is a big turnaround they will be looking for their next coach!!!!! Not sure what the salaries are in Syracuse conference????

1 hour ago, John said:

Missed out on Shay Ciezki this year too. She is going to Penn State.