Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Desmond Bessent (OL via San Diego State)

bowz

Related but only oh-so-slightly, I've always felt as if San Diego State should be the athletic model for UB. 

Mid-major school in a professional sports town as part of a State university. Successful in football and basketball. Better facilities but, I think, a similar academic standing. And both cities are known for their local weather 🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UB77 said:

Related but only oh-so-slightly, I've always felt as if San Diego State should be the athletic model for UB. 

Mid-major school in a professional sports town as part of a State university. Successful in football and basketball. Better facilities but, I think, a similar academic standing. And both cities are known for their local weather 🙂

I would agree with that assessment. The weather is slightly different 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UB77 said:

San Diego has fewer professional teams than Buffalo.  They have the Padres and I do not think the local fan base is as obsessed with the Padres as people in Buffalo are witht he Bills and Sabres.