Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo/WMU - 2/19

UBinMD

8 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Reminder that UB was down 16 to this team in the first half. You can't have stretches like that as we approach the end of the season. 

The UB bench is a big problem, it's -15 as a unit. At least we haven't seen Brewton since.

Agree. Can’t have stretches like this in Cleveland or it will be a quick exit. 

Whitesell did exactly what I said he should…he abandoned the bench in that first half. Even brought Mballa in with 2 fouls. And that turned the game. What we’ve seen regarding the bench this week is that when 4 reserves are in at the same time it spells disaster. Whitesell has to bring in reserves and buy starters a break but he has to have a balance of starters on the floor with those reserves. 

21 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

For comps, WMU lost by 13 @Ohio, 11 @Kent, and 27 @Toledo.  A 19 point win would be second best margin.  While I would enjoy a victory that big, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little closer.  Just make sure it is a 'w'.

Wasn't pretty thoughout, but a solid 14 point win comparable to all but Toledo.  

Ugly start to the game? Absolutely. But +30 over the final 33:05 is getting it done, and nothing ugly about a 14-pt win given how UB started. A lot to like with only 8 turnovers, 38-27 rebound advantage, 84% FT, above our average FG% and right at our average on 3’s after that god-awful start. Keep stacking wins! 

• Like 7