Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Let's do something constructive

skrabukes

Since there's the back and forth going on, myself included, let's band together and try to actually help the programs. In honor of board member UB85 (may he rest in peace) who tried to drum up funds for the programs in the past, let's do some of ut now.

If the women or men get to 20 regular season wins, I'll donate $100 to their program.

Get to the semi's in Cleveland,  an additional $250.

Win the MAC,  an additional $250 on top of that. 

Win an NCAA game, $1k on top for each win.

Is anyone with me on this,  for these numbers or even a % of them? If they both win and get 20 wins, that's $600 to each team from me. Every bit helps. Who's in?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

I have already made my extra donations for the year, except for giving day, so I am tapped out.

For those that do this please make the pledge official between Noon April 26 and Noon April 27, so that the funds are counted in UB Giving Day totals.

Good plan, thanks!

6 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

I don't know who UU dropout is, as far as I know, so we may not be thinking of the same person. 

I only know that he usually made thoughtful posts, and his life also ended too soon - several years ago.  He was the father of another member of the ubfan community, but one who doesn’t post much anymore.  

2 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I only know that he usually made thoughtful posts, and his life also ended too soon - several years ago.  He was the father of another member of the ubfan community, but one who doesn’t post much anymore.  

We've got 2 different people. Best wishes to both however.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, skrabukes said:

Since there's the back and forth going on, myself included, let's band together and try to actually help the programs. In honor of board member UB85 (may he rest in peace) who tried to drum up funds for the programs in the past, let's do some of ut now.

If the women or men get to 20 regular season wins, I'll donate $100 to their program.

Is anyone with me on this,  for these numbers or even a % of them? If they both win and get 20 wins, that's $600 to each team from me. Every bit helps. Who's in?

First $100 locked in with today's win from the women's team. The men have 2 chances to get to 20 wins next week (even with 2 games cancelled or already would likely be there). Still time to jump aboard!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

First $100 locked in with today's win from the women's team. The men have 2 chances to get to 20 wins next week (even with 2 games cancelled or already would likely be there). Still time to jump aboard!

I'm ready, but I guess I should wait until the day of giving, right?

22 hours ago, skrabukes said:
23 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I'm ready, but I guess I should wait until the day of giving, right?

It all goes into the pot, although I believe there are bonuses sometimes towards groups on giving day. BrooklynBull is a better resource when it comes to that.

Everyone here pledges what they want to or can feel comfortable donating.  Then everyone makes their actual pledge to the basketball team(s) on giving day by reporting it UB that day.  Giving Day this year is between Noon April 26 and Noon April 27.  For the last few years someone has indicated that if $15,000.00 is donated to athletics in total that they will match the donation.  If everyone here follows through it will help unlock the matching donation.

If this will be your first donation to UB Athletics, please read the information here:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Are you sure? Seems like a gray area with the one bullet that reads you cant have a fan group that talks about recruiting (which we have), even when you dont reach out to those recruits. 

It doesn't count if the recruits aren't ranked on ESPN.

(This isn't our personal website or social networking site, so that bullet point wouldn't apply.)

2 hours ago, Erie County said:

Are you sure? Seems like a gray area with the one bullet that reads you cant have a fan group that talks about recruiting (which we have), even when you dont reach out to those recruits. 

is this the point you are referring to?

Q. May I create an online group dedicated to convincing or encouraging a prospect that we want them to attend UB if the group members do not directly contact the prospect?
A. The NCAA would consider this as recruiting activity by boosters, so this would NOT be permissible.

The donations have nothing to do with trying to talk a recruit into coming to UB.  What is talked about on the board is recruiting/commitment status of potential student athletes.

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

It doesn't count if the recruits aren't ranked on ESPN.

(This isn't our personal website or social networking site, so that bullet point wouldn't apply.)

This totally inaccurate.  Being rated by ESPN does not change what non-employees of UB Athletics can do to convince a potential student athlete from attending UB.

As to the second point, if a topic was set up why should this specific recruit come to UB and people post about the benefits of UB, even academically, that would be a violation per the website.

Simple way to remember what anyone can do with potential student athletes is simple: Do NOT interact with them in way.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, skrabukes said:

Well we've got to hope for a Friday win to grab that first Benji for the men's team. It's going to be rowdy in there. 

• 2 weeks later...