Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Let's do something constructive

skrabukes

• 1 month later...

Okay folks to day is the day.  Please make your donations between noon today and noon tomorrow.

Your donations will count double if they are in the first $15,000.00 donated during Giving Day.  There is a match listed on the site that an anonymous donor will match the first $15,000.00 donated.  Also if Athletics is in the top three of units receiving donations today President Tripathi will donate an extra $2,500 to $7,500.00 to Athletics.

https://ubgivingday.buffalo.edu/

Edited by BrooklynBull

49 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Okay folks to day is the day.  Please make your donations between noon today and noon tomorrow.

Your donations will count double if they are in the first $15,000.00 donated during Giving Day.  There is a match listed on the site that an anonymous donor will match the first $15,000.00 donated.  Also if Athletics is in the top three of units receiving donations today President Tripathi will donate an extra $2,500 to $7,500.00 to Athletics.

On it! Thanks for the reminder.

On 4/26/2022 at 7:55 AM, BrooklynBull said:

The challenge has been met, but you can still donate as every dollar helps, even if made after Giving Day ends at noon today, some 27 minutes from now.

Edited by BrooklynBull

21 hours ago, Erie County said:

Can he donate back the 1mil he took from them in the Oats buy out? 

I honestly don't feel too comfortable donating anymore because of stuff like this. We pay low salaries, give up a ton of home games for paydays on the road, and we have old facilities outside of the new fieldhouse which took 20 years to fund. I don't understand where any of our money goes and I don't have a clue how the other schools always seem to pay so much more.

1 hour ago, clodney said:

I honestly don't feel too comfortable donating anymore because of stuff like this. We pay low salaries, give up a ton of home games for paydays on the road, and we have old facilities outside of the new fieldhouse which took 20 years to fund. I don't understand where any of our money goes and I don't have a clue how the other schools always seem to pay so much more.

The solution to the issues you are talking about is money.  So if you do not donate and give Athletics more money you would be part of the problem and not part of the solution.  Not giving is creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

14 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

The solution to the issues you are talking about is money.  So if you do not donate and give Athletics more money you would be part of the problem and not part of the solution.  Not giving is creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

Agreed. I'm just saying a bit more transparency might be needed for the fanbase. Where did that million bucks go from the Oats buyout? It certainly didn't get us a fancy coach or any big home games.

1 hour ago, clodney said:

Agreed. I'm just saying a bit more transparency might be needed for the fanbase. Where did that million bucks go from the Oats buyout? It certainly didn't get us a fancy coach or any big home games.

I personally would be inclined to donate if I knew what I was donating towards.  I think UB Stadium needs a major overhaul.  I am aware this is not cheap, and my pittance of donations would not make a dent, but I would feel much more comfortable donating if there was a long-term strategic vision, funding target goals, etc., to achieve this (for example).  I am sure internally these goals are set, but as a casual outsider, it's not visible to me, and I don't want my money going into a black hole.

As it stands, I feel it's better to use my donations to the Honors College or the School of Management.  I'm not opposed to donating to athletics - hell, I'm here on this board - but I have no idea the overall vision for athletics, and that stops me from donating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UBlearns said:

I think UB Stadium needs a major overhaul.  I am aware this is not cheap, and my pittance of donations would not make a dent, but I would feel much more comfortable donating if there was a long-term strategic vision, funding target goals, etc.

I have offered on multiple occasions to help dig up the track free of charge. I will sign whatever waivers of liability are necessary.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UBlearns said:

I personally would be inclined to donate if I knew what I was donating towards.  I think UB Stadium needs a major overhaul.  I am aware this is not cheap, and my pittance of donations would not make a dent, but I would feel much more comfortable donating if there was a long-term strategic vision, funding target goals, etc., to achieve this (for example).  I am sure internally these goals are set, but as a casual outsider, it's not visible to me, and I don't want my money going into a black hole.

As it stands, I feel it's better to use my donations to the Honors College or the School of Management.  I'm not opposed to donating to athletics - hell, I'm here on this board - but I have no idea the overall vision for athletics, and that stops me from donating.

Danny White did a tremendous job with this. Mark Alnutt, not so much.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UBlearns said:

I feel the same way. Not really sure what Alnutt’s priorities are.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, clodney said:

This is so spot on....besides some cheerleader tweets from Mark Alnutt, his communication is really bad (maybe unless you are in his inter circle) and vision for the athletic department nonexistent. 

Football scheduling is awful - UMass and UConn...2 of the worst FBS programs...what is the value of these (other than East Coast) games.  What player would want to come to play the current out of conference opponents.  Put them on 2 big stages per year (high end P5) and get some $$ to invest in facilities.  Same with basketball.

Edited by Sportsfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sportsfan said:

This is so spot on....besides some cheerleader tweets from Mark Alnutt, his communication is really bad (maybe unless you are in his inter circle) and vision for the athletic department nonexistent. 

Football scheduling is awful - UMass and UConn...2 of the worst FBS programs...what is the value of these (other than East Coast) games.  What player would want to come to play the current out of conference opponents.  Put them on 2 big stages per year (high end P5) and get some $$ to invest in facilities.  Same with basketball.

UConn and UMass, no matter how good or bad they are, are good games for us. Better than Old Dominion and Nevada (Coastal Carolina would be here too if they didn’t improve since the series was scheduled). 

On 4/28/2022 at 12:33 PM, rma said:

UConn and UMass, no matter how good or bad they are, are good games for us. Better than Old Dominion and Nevada (Coastal Carolina would be here too if they didn’t improve since the series was scheduled). 

I get to go relatively close to home. That's a good game for me. 

6 hours ago, CTBullsfan said:

I get to go relatively close to home. That's a good game for me. 

Exactly. Alumni are all over the region as well as prospective students. For the same reason Nebraska plays at Wyoming, we should be playing UConn and UMass no matter how bad their programs are. And for people living under a rock for the last decade, they might think UConn is a huge win.

39 minutes ago, rma said:

Exactly. Alumni are all over the region as well as prospective students. For the same reason Nebraska plays at Wyoming, we should be playing UConn and UMass no matter how bad their programs are. And for people living under a rock for the last decade, they might think UConn is a huge win.

I agree…but we should also branch out regionally. Take on temple, Pitt, Cuse, Maryland. I don’t mind being a buy game for big time Big 10 programs. As I feel taking the payday is a good money source. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I agree…but we should also branch out regionally. Take on temple, Pitt, Cuse, Maryland. I don’t mind being a buy game for big time Big 10 programs. As I feel taking the payday is a good money source. 

4 OOC games

Home: FCS buy game. Prefer Albany, Stony Brook, Colgate, etc to build college football in NY

Away: Buy game. Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, BC, etc. Every few years might need some SEC or OSU money to subsidize less wealthy programs that can't give us a lot of money. And it's good to branch out on occasion too.

Home/Away: 1-1 against UConn, UMass, Temple, etc

On occasion if you have UMass at home and a FCS trade out the FCS for another (hopefully better) team.

1 hour ago, rma said:

4 OOC games

Home: FCS buy game. Prefer Albany, Stony Brook, Colgate, etc to build college football in NY

Away: Buy game. Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, BC, etc. Every few years might need some SEC or OSU money to subsidize less wealthy programs that can't give us a lot of money. And it's good to branch out on occasion too.

On occasion if you have UMass at home and a FCS trade out the FCS for another (hopefully better) team.

All for this

9 hours ago, rma said:

4 OOC games

I assume you meant to subsidize other UB programs.  Right now the pay day money is going to pay off the loans used to build the field house.  That was how the financing was sold to the UB Foundation to get the loans.