Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2022 Schedule Released

squad1321

2 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Only 5 home games also. No superpower teams this year either. Should be a year for lots of wins, hopefully.  Lots of roster turnover, but a true off season unlike last year. No excuses for < 8 wins this year.

I'll be at the Maryland game (relatively local for me), so I'm hoping to start the year right and take out a B1G opponent.

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I'll be at the Maryland game (relatively local for me), so I'm hoping to start the year right and take out a B1G opponent.

I will be at UMass, as it's under 2 hours from me. Hopefully some games line up with Bills home game weekends. I will once again beat the drum for the season finale at Highmark Stadium.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:04 PM, BrooklynBull said:

My guess is that Homecoming will be against Miami.  It is in October and the Toledo game is a little too late for decent weather.

Like a fine wine, this has aged very well.  For those who are going book your hotels now, before the Bills schedule is announced.  Last year I need a room after the Nebraska game.  Prices were through the roof.  The Town Suites across from the airport had a room for over $450.00 for one night.  I ended up next door and still paid over $350.00 for rooms that are usually about $125.00.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zigo230 said:

Since I am in Maryland, definitely taking my son to the Terps game....no excuses not to attend.   Hopefully one of those October games coincide with a Bills game.  I'll come in for that weekend and stay with family.

Book both weekends now and cancel if you will be going for of the two October home games.  That is what I did.

19 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Since I am in Maryland, definitely taking my son to the Terps game....no excuses not to attend.   Hopefully one of those October games coincide with a Bills game.  I'll come in for that weekend and stay with family.

What's the experience like at a Maryland game?  Worth going?  I'm thinking about it, haven't been to a road game in a few years and this one's driveable.  Haven't been to DC since I was a teenager either, maybe combine a trip for some sightseeing. 

1 hour ago, UBlearns said:

What's the experience like at a Maryland game?  Worth going?  I'm thinking about it, haven't been to a road game in a few years and this one's driveable.  Haven't been to DC since I was a teenager either, maybe combine a trip for some sightseeing. 

It’s a decent experience, students and alumni are pretty engaged, but nothing like Penn State, Michigan, places like that. Hotels are reasonable in college park and you can metro into DC for sure seeing. Feel free to DM me if you want more specifics, I live in Northern VA but have been the area a long time and can give you tips for navigating the DMV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

It’s a decent experience, students and alumni are pretty engaged, but nothing like Penn State, Michigan, places like that. Hotels are reasonable in college park and you can metro into DC for sure seeing. Feel free to DM me if you want more specifics, I live in Northern VA but have been the area a long time and can give you tips for navigating the DMV.

Easy,be prepared to be there a long time and to get bad customer service.

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:49 AM, UBlearns said:

I think it's cool.  Typically i go to early season, nice weather,  Terps games when they play OOC teams like Temple, USF, etc..  It's never full unlike the marquee Big10 teams, but the gameday atmosphere is still good.   Might be a bigger crowd since it's game 1 and people are fired up for football.

1 hour ago, zigo230 said:

I think it's cool.  Typically i go to early season, nice weather,  Terps games when they play OOC teams like Temple, USF, etc..  It's never full unlike the marquee Big10 teams, but the gameday atmosphere is still good.   Might be a bigger crowd since it's game 1 and people are fired up for football.

Also a short trip from New York City and DC, with large alumni bases.  Seat day trip from both areas.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 3:20 PM, promotherobot said:

I will be at UMass, as it's under 2 hours from me.

Expect a sterile environment (similar to UB), though the marching band is one of the best in the country. The Amherst area in the fall is nice too.

21 hours ago, rma said:

Expect a sterile environment (similar to UB), though the marching band is one of the best in the country. The Amherst area in the fall is nice too.

Been to McGuirk many times. My daughter went to UMass and was in that very same marching band. The joke is people sit through football just for the band. Kind of true.

Edited by promotherobot

17 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Been to McGuirk many times. My daughter went to UMass and was in that very same marching band. The joke is people sit through football just for the band. Kind of true.

Went there a few years ago for UMass vs BYU. The BYU crowd left after the game ended. The UMass crowd did not change much between the end of the game and the start of the post game band show.

I knew what I was getting into, but many people wouldn't think that a bottomfeeder FBS program has such an impressive band.

9 minutes ago, clodney said:

I am shocked that you have such high expectations for our 2nd year football coach after dismissing the failures of our basketball coach this past season.

Half the team are “his guys” now so it should be a step, lots of veterans coming in. I don’t think 8 wins is a stretch. Unfortunately any success and a bowl win would be auto departure for Mo. if he is here 4 years I’ll be shocked.

1 hour ago, clodney said:

I am shocked that you have such high expectations for our 2nd year football coach after dismissing the failures of our basketball coach this past season.

It's pretty close to the same win percentage as the basketball team, so not sure why I would think that it's a crazy high expectation. 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Half the team are “his guys” now so it should be a step, lots of veterans coming in. I don’t think 8 wins is a stretch. Unfortunately any success and a bowl win would be auto departure for Mo. if he is here 4 years I’ll be shocked.

8 might be a stretch. This is Mo's first REAL year considering he came in last year mid-offseason. Next year is the year he gets most judged on. Not saying I wouldn't be tickled with 8 wins. I'll settle for a 6 wins and a bowl bid with the team playing it's best ball by the end of the year.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 6:19 PM, promotherobot said:

Hope you have a good time and perhaps this season will be the start of returning to being respectable. With Don Brown and company and this being the first year we are close to being at the scholarship limit with the new transfer rules. verandaman sent you a PM

This is the view with 80% of the new turf in and without the Tents in the south end.

Buy your parking passes in advance.

FUGO2ghWYAIZID0?format=jpg&name=large