Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2022-2023 [Men's] Roster

Jeseph

https://www.ubbullrun.com/buffalo-basketball/2022/6/25/23182695/mens-basketball-roster-updates

I hadn't heard this, but this article indicates Ty Perry and Lucas Saleh are returning.  If true gives a little more depth.  Also I think both players are type of players that are good to have on the team.

Seems like others pointed out in comments that Ty Perry and Saleh are not returning as I thought.  So nothing to see here

Edited by DocCas86

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

https://www.ubbullrun.com/buffalo-basketball/2022/6/25/23182695/mens-basketball-roster-updates

I hadn't heard this, but this article indicates Ty Perry and Lucas Saleh are returning.  If true gives a little more depth.  Also I think both players are type of players that are good to have on the team.

Seems like others pointed out in comments that Ty Perry and Saleh are not returning as I thought.  So nothing to see here

Ty Perry - University of New Haven

image.thumb.png.b629baf934b32da9981449f46d7b51df.png

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Ty Perry - University of New Haven

image.thumb.png.b629baf934b32da9981449f46d7b51df.png

Thank you for the information.  I had seen this previously, but was thrown off by the article.  I know sometimes players do change their minds.  So who knows.  Also I hadn't seen that Saleh had landed anywhere.  

However, I am assuming the bull run article has it wrong until I see a roster posted that says otherwise.

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

As of June 5, Lucas Saleh’s HS coach was re-tweeting Lucas’ video still looking for a home. Said any D1/D2 teams would be lucky to have him. I assume he is still looking for a home.

21 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

… I am assuming the bull run article has it wrong …

That site is really no different that this… anyone can post anything.  There are no editors, and facts aren’t checked.  We are all just fans, trying to share our knowledge of the team we follow. 

37 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

That site is really no different that this… anyone can post anything.  There are no editors, and facts aren’t checked.  We are all just fans, trying to share our knowledge of the team we follow. 

Good to know - thank you.  

I understand more now, especially since I have been guilty of an incorrect statement or two over the years. 😉

4 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Thank you for the information.  I had seen this previously, but was thrown off by the article.  I know sometimes players do change their minds.  So who knows.  Also I hadn't seen that Saleh had landed anywhere.  

However, I am assuming the bull run article has it wrong until I see a roster posted that says otherwise.

He must not have enjoyed his time at UB, they only mention that he was a Fordham transfer. Apparently last year never happened in his world.

12 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

He must not have enjoyed his time at UB, they only mention that he was a Fordham transfer. Apparently last year never happened in his world.

I guess that is not surprising given he only played in 12 games and averaged 6 minutes.  I don't know what happened to have him go from 20 minutes per game and almost 8 ppg in A10 to D2.  Wish him the best in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

The men's roster was posted on ubbulls.com.  No surprises except one additional player Jaden Slaughter (a walk on?).  What I see is he is 6'5" guard who scored almost 21 ppg at St Joes in Buffalo.  

Those are solid walk-on stats. 

I like the balance by class. The coached did a nice job flattening that out again:

TOTAL Players - 14

Seniors/5th Year - 3

Junior - 3

Sophomore - 4

R-Freshman - 1

True Freshman - 3

We also have great size for the MAC, all the players are 6'4 to 6'11 (except Caesar who is 6'1 and I'm fine with that). Should have good offensive and defensive flexibility with this group.

If we can gel by end of season and make a run to Cleveland, we could have a really good base for 23-24 and beyond as well. I'm exciting to see how this goes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Those are solid walk-on stats. 

He played at Cheshire Academy this past year, was their leading scorer and was named All NEPSAC at the Class AA level.  About half of the ALL NEPSAC selections are playing D1 ball.  Among the players on list with him, Chase Ross (Marquette) and Kyle Filipowski (Duke) are going to the best basketball programs.   He should be a good player to push the other players.  If he develops beyond that - all the better.

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, UBinMD said:

I like the balance by class. The coached did a nice job flattening that out again:

TOTAL Players - 14

Seniors/5th Year - 3

Junior - 3

Sophomore - 4

R-Freshman - 1

True Freshman - 3

We also have great size for the MAC, all the players are 6'4 to 6'11 (except Caesar who is 6'1 and I'm fine with that). Should have good offensive and defensive flexibility with this group.

If we can gel by end of season and make a run to Cleveland, we could have a really good base for 23-24 and beyond as well. I'm exciting to see how this goes.

That's an optimistic statement. I'm assuming we will have a totally new roster every year thanks to the transfer portal. Non-power collegiate athletics has become pick up games.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

That's an optimistic statement. I'm assuming we will have a totally new roster every year thanks to the transfer portal. Non-power collegiate athletics has become pick up games.

I try to be glass is half-full.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, promotherobot said:

One of the benefits of recruiting transfers is that they would have to sit out if they were to transfer again (there are waivers and grad transfers). I’d imagine that was not a negligible factor in Hardnett being the only returning upperclassman. Jones, Adams, and Smith are the guys that would apply to going into next year

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, MuchMany said:

No idea re: the quality of this source but interesting content nonetheless. I would swap Foster and Adams personally. We shall see. 

The Bulls had a lot to replace and they went out and got talented players.  What we are waiting to see is if they can gel.   I am looking forward to November to find out.