Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Noah Hutchins


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Jeseph said:

How many talented HS players come out humble?

Jayvon Graves, Davonta Jordan. Using two recent UB stars as an easy and simple example. Both 3 star guards like Noah, both went to much bigger high schools than Noah, both had incredible college careers, and both are some of the most humble and respectful people I’ve ever met. I get what you mean though. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You gotta remember, nearly every D-1 recruit was the BMOC at their high school.  Many, maybe even most, of them come out being used to being fawned over.  They show up at their respective college with a chip on their shoulder, not thinking that, Hey, everyone else in the room was the BMOC in high school.  Practicing and competing alongside a bunch of mates at the same level (or higher) as you has a way of taming that arrogance.  My wife told me about a certain local RB that came to UB about a decade ago.  He'd walk into the office acting like his crap didn't stink.  Didn't say hello, just walked through.  By the time he was a sophomore, his attitude was starting to change.  By his Junior and Senior years, he was a team leader, with lots of personality.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

You gotta remember, nearly every D-1 recruit was the BMOC at their high school.  Many, maybe even most, of them come out being used to being fawned over.  They show up at their respective college with a chip on their shoulder, not thinking that, Hey, everyone else in the room was the BMOC in high school.  Practicing and competing alongside a bunch of mates at the same level (or higher) as you has a way of taming that arrogance.  My wife told me about a certain local RB that came to UB about a decade ago.  He'd walk into the office acting like his crap didn't stink.  Didn't say hello, just walked through.  By the time he was a sophomore, his attitude was starting to change.  By his Junior and Senior years, he was a team leader, with lots of personality.  

JJ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2022 at 8:10 AM, ChubbyHubby said:

You gotta remember, nearly every D-1 recruit was the BMOC at their high school.  Many, maybe even most, of them come out being used to being fawned over.  They show up at their respective college with a chip on their shoulder, not thinking that, Hey, everyone else in the room was the BMOC in high school.  Practicing and competing alongside a bunch of mates at the same level (or higher) as you has a way of taming that arrogance.  My wife told me about a certain local RB that came to UB about a decade ago.  He'd walk into the office acting like his crap didn't stink.  Didn't say hello, just walked through.  By the time he was a sophomore, his attitude was starting to change.  By his Junior and Senior years, he was a team leader, with lots of personality.  

That’s fair and I completely get that these guys come in young and do a lot of maturing but right now - given the teams situation with a lot of new guys coming in, maturity and being humble needs to be a prerequisite for the new guys. They’re going to be fighting for minutes, a lot of uncertainty with the roster and we don’t need the locker room to be toxic. Who knows, maybe barely making any impact at Rice humbled Noah, I hope he does well wherever he ends up since he’s a local guy.
 

On the other hand though, Jayvon Graves hit a buzzer beater that went viral and was retweeted and shouted out by Lebron James. Never was cocky or arrogant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 961819 said:

That’s fair and I completely get that these guys come in young and do a lot of maturing but right now - given the teams situation with a lot of new guys coming in, maturity and being humble needs to be a prerequisite for the new guys. They’re going to be fighting for minutes, a lot of uncertainty with the roster and we don’t need the locker room to be toxic. Who knows, maybe barely making any impact at Rice humbled Noah, I hope he does well wherever he ends up since he’s a local guy.
 

On the other hand though, Jayvon Graves hit a buzzer beater that went viral and was retweeted and shouted out by Lebron James. Never was cocky or arrogant

Segu was never humble (far from it, lol) but also seemingly never toxic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Go visit the rest of the MAC forums 😂

I can barely handle this one! I'm sure he is disliked by the other teams. A guy that can get under your skin for sure, if you play against him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2022 at 8:08 AM, Jeseph said:

Segu was never humble (far from it, lol) but also seemingly never toxic

True but Segu also wasn’t brought in to a bare bones roster with a ton of question marks as to who is going to step up and take charge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...