Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer News

trueblue32

5 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Shamar Givance (the original post on this thread) a PG from Evansville is on campus today. With at least Kanye Jones and Devin Ceaser

Seems like a good addition if we can get him. A little worried about our lack of bigs with experience.

21 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Seems like a good addition if we can get him. A little worried about our lack of bigs with experience.

My guess is we’re going to land Bryant Selebangue the JUCO Big that we’re connected to, and I’m sure they’re looking to add more depth too. I’d like to see Givance here as a stop gap until Ceaser is ready. I’m excited about Ceaser long term but putting all our eggs in that basket is setting him up to fall. We need to add another PG

3 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

My guess is we’re going to land Bryant Selebangue the JUCO Big that we’re connected to, and I’m sure they’re looking to add more depth too. I’d like to see Givance here as a stop gap until Ceaser is ready. I’m excited about Ceaser long term but putting all our eggs in that basket is setting him up to fall. We need to add another PG

I would be on board with that. Plus with our pace of play going 8-9 deep would be nice.

15 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I would be on board with that. Plus with our pace of play going 8-9 deep would be nice.

We are definitely looking at bigs but there’s probably not a ton of news about it other than Selebangue. Would like to grab him, a lot like Mballa when it comes to rebounding. I also believe Mading could make a big step this year. His shot blocking ability and athleticism is incredible. He’s just a bit raw. 

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

Def need size with thickness. Skogman got thrown around like a rag doll last year. Mading would be 10x worse. Didn’t Sparks re-commit to Ball State? Need someone who can guard those types of guys. 

In addition to Selebangue, believe we have been mentioned as talking to EMU's Njie and WKU's Butz.  Seems to be on the radar for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

In addition to Selebangue, believe we have been mentioned as talking to EMU's Njie and WKU's Butz.  Seems to be on the radar for sure.

The juco with one of njie or butz would be great

Team would really start shaping up

8 hours ago, Tee4three said:

The juco with one of njie or butz would be great

Team would really start shaping up

I would take what you are suggesting.  However, it is more likely we end up with something like one of these three plus either of Givance or Foster.   This would leave two remaining scholarships possibly for HS SR.  That is just my take.

7 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

I guess this will make him the first to leave UB and go to a former NCAA Champion in men's basketball.

He will be at least the second UB player to go to a team that won a NCAA men's basketball championship. The other player also appeared in as many (UB) games as Malik did. Unknown if he participated in pickup games in Tonawanda.

Edited by rma
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, rma said:

A Buffalo native and a school that won their mens basketball NCAA national championship by one point. 

Will "He's No Bill Raftery" Regan. Although I predict BB declaring a mistrial as Regan did not "leave UB and go to a former NCAA champion," as Virginia won it's title after his time there.

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Will "He's No Bill Raftery" Regan. Although I predict BB declaring a mistrial as Regan did not "leave UB and go to a former NCAA champion," as Virginia won it's title after his time there.

Graham Dolan, who transferred to D3 Babson the year after they won their men's basketball national championship. He appeared in no games at UB and does not appear in the record books as an all-time letterwinner.

I'm surprised @BrooklynBull did not know considering that he posted about Dolan's transfer on the old board.

https://www.ubfan.com/board/index.php/topic,16863.msg189094.html#msg189094

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Pretty efficient scorer and good production in limited minutes - hope that isn’t a conditioning issue. Looks like he would be a solid plug and play option for next year 

Based on the Twitter responses to the report, some of the Temple faithful seem bitter. Not sure if it's because he may be lost or they didn't care for him in general. Looks like the end of school has opened the floodgates from our staff on activity.

I noticed that he only played in about 1/2 of Temples games and did not play in most of Jan/Feb/Mar.  I found the following:

"Forrester appeared for the first time in 11 games while sitting out due to an extended illness that has affected the big man since Jan. 2. The junior center played 14 minutes in the blowout win over South Florida and came off the bench for the second time this season after starting the first 12 games of the season. While it's unclear whether Forrester will return to his starting role from the beginning of the season, his ability to play in the regular season finale should indicate his likely availability as Temple moves forward into conference tournament play against Tulane on Friday."

Assuming he has a clean bill of health - he was starting prior to illness.

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 2